M2 safety course tmr | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 safety course tmr

We all know you were crying when you typed this...
images

OMG, you guys know me so so well...:cry:

My BMW boots are super comfortable (for me). They feel like socks. Discontinued now but similar to the Allround. The purchase involved crying. Most expensive boots I have ever purchased (other than ski boots).

Funnily enough, the Allround has also recently been discontinued. I was on my 5th pair and went to buy a replacement. It's called the Cruise Comfort now. Similar, but not...

I like my old Allrounds better, I think.

Hey everyone I go for my theory class tmr and I’m super excited finally got all my safety gear together with the most recent piece being an armour plated hoodie that comes with spine, elbow/arm and shoulder protection. Last thing I need is a new pair of jeans and some riding shoes which I’ll get tmr or Friday. Wish me luck View attachment 60405
So I made it to the place I’m an hour early cuz my brain be like that sometimes hope they just think I’m super prepared when In fact I’m just super autistic and if it’s something that interests me I stress about time

So I made it to the place I’m an hour early cuz my brain be like that sometimes hope they just think I’m super prepared when In fact I’m just super autistic and if it’s something that interests me I stress about time
Assuming the parking lot is reasonably clear of cars and sand, I would practice riding for most of that time. Have fun, don't try to push any limits.

Assuming the parking lot is reasonably clear of cars and sand, I would practice riding for most of that time. Have fun, don't try to push any limits.
It’s just the theory course today so just classroom my riding days are at a nearby location on Saturday and Sunday. Today I’m just gonna relax, study hard and learn as much as I can from my instructors. While trying to start riding has been a recent endeavour of mine this has been a dream for me for a real long time and I’m super happy my parents are finally letting me go for my M license

Don’t worry I’m no daredevil I don’t like pushing limits I like learning at my own pace. Also I don’t own the bikes I’m gonna be learning on so I’m gonna be extra careful with them and once I have my own bike I’m gonna be careful with that because I dropped money on it and I wanna treat it right lol

Funnily enough, the Allround has also recently been discontinued. I was on my 5th pair and went to buy a replacement. It's called the Cruise Comfort now. Similar, but not...

I like my old Allrounds better, I think.
So I did end up getting riding shoes they didn’t have boots in my size or my price range and I didn’t feel like dropping $1k alone on boots today so I got a pair with decent ankle protection that fit well and also have the added protection on the toe for shifting. They may not be the best but I’ll check in when I can to try and find boots that fit. As for pants I just got 2 pairs of Kevlar reinforced jeans with knee and hip protection. Might not be super fancy but it’s the best I could spring for right this instance

It’s just the theory course today so just classroom my riding days are at a nearby location on Saturday and Sunday. Today I’m just gonna relax, study hard and learn as much as I can from my instructors. While trying to start riding has been a recent endeavour of mine this has been a dream for me for a real long time and I’m super happy my parents are finally letting me go for my M license
You mean Sunday is your riding day. Saturday, you're gonna be hauling alot of ass on foot lol

Of course can’t forget that good thing I do heavy labour as a day job and sports in my free time hopefully my lungs will keep up lol
You'll be alright. I just remember Saturday being the hottest day dressed in all black sweating buckets. Our group caught on pretty well so we got into the Sunday excercises late Saturday afternoon. That breeze while doing the on-bike stuff was glorious

You'll be alright. I just remember Saturday being the hottest day dressed in all black sweating buckets. Our group caught on pretty well so we got into the Sunday excercises late Saturday afternoon. That breeze while doing the on-bike stuff was glorious
Let’s hope I have the same luck with my class. I showed up early though so I could talk to my instructors. I am legally capable of riding a bike with the conditions I have but it helps the instructors if they know ahead of time to make it easier for them and myself. Thankfully focus won’t be an issue I’m on my adhd meds and motorcycles interest me including the boring inclass safety stuff that’s my jam. As for my autism it’s very minor basically a no factor but sometimes I need people to repeat or rephrase sentences

No sir for the M2 with learning curves the only dates that worked for me were for the Toronto beaches one
All good. Just more of a drive for you to get down to the beaches.

Have fun. Take it easy.

Riding a bike is "motor memory". You keep doing the lesson as many times as it takes until its second nature, then build off that for the next.

Don't overthink it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

A
As for the heat I worked the entire summer last year for porter out on ramp at the island airport and let me just tell you when there’s no shade and the entire ground is made of black asphalt legit the temperature was always 5-10°C hotter on the island.

All good. Just more of a drive for you to get down to the beaches.

Have fun. Take it easy.

Riding a bike is "motor memory". You keep doing the lesson as many times as it takes until its second nature, then build off that for the next.

Don't overthink it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
If there’s one thing I’m alright with it’s not overthinking anything that’s not a social interaction. I know I’ll get the hang of it and if I don’t get the hang of it right away I’ll bust my ass off twice as hard to get the hang of it

As someone that has hurt an ankle before, when shopping for riding boots consider whether you feel comfortable with someone jumping on your ankle while you are laying down. That can happen even with a simple tip over where the bike traps your ankle. The vast majority of "riding" boots and almost every riding shoe won't do well with this test. Personally, I wouldn't be paying the premium for "riding" shoes as they will probably fly off in a crash anyway. Boots or bust for me.

Have fun in your course. Good luck.
I wear Wellington boots when I ride, the kind with a side zipper. I learned this years ago when riding with some cowboys in Texas.

They are affordable, tougher than any riding boots I've ever owned, comfortable, and you can walk in them.

I wear Wellington boots when I ride, the kind with a side zipper. I learned this years ago when riding with some cowboys in Texas.

They are affordable, tougher than any riding boots I've ever owned, comfortable, and you can walk in them.
Beauty I’ll check them out thanks for your suggestion

Back
Top Bottom