M2 Exit (-> M) on 250cc Virago? | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit (-> M) on 250cc Virago?

minkis

Hello folks,

Has anyone done the M2 exit on a 250cc cruiser? Similar to the ones they provide for the M1->M2 exit course. I'm more worried about the highway portion.

I am thinking of doing it with Humber or Centennial.

I'm not terribly large.. 5'11 @ 150lbs. Should it be anything to worry about?

Thanks for any feedback!

What's your concern re. the hwy portion?

Just a concern with getting up to merging speed / passing if I need to. Haven't driven anything that small beyond the M1 exit course. With my head sticking out in the wind, I am unsure if can reach that speed?

I do have some experience, but as I don't have a bike right now I am looking something affordable to do my M2 test before it expires at the end of this year.

Yeah. I have a 250cc without a windshield and am a similar build and I can confirm it can do 120 km @ WOT. Not instantly, and not uphill, but it can do it.

The 250's are a great bike and you will be surprised of its capabilities. You will be fine.

I took my test on a CBR125 and failed the first time for speeding near the end of the test... >.<

145lbs if that matters...

i wonder how hard the test is for 600 SS riders:p

lol, I swear I didnt speed though, the chaser just had to speed to catch up to me after a right turn at a red light... Said I did 80 in a 60 but I didn't hit 80 except for the highway portion.... Meh... Its behind me now.

Just a concern with getting up to merging speed / passing if I need to. Haven't driven anything that small beyond the M1 exit course. With my head sticking out in the wind, I am unsure if can reach that speed?

I do have some experience, but as I don't have a bike right now I am looking something affordable to do my M2 test before it expires at the end of this year.

There should be place you can go to that don't have any 100km/h highways. Orangeville comes to mind, but I'm not 100% if every DriveTest center does bikes.

Just did mine on a 5 year old (yes I'm a procrastinator) 125 and had no issues with the highway portion at all. Did the test with RTI so there was plenty of highway practice before getting to the test section. If you have any nervousness or hesitation take the test through a course provider. by the end of the review/skills training you will be set to pass the course easily.

good luck!

Just did mine on a 5 year old (yes I'm a procrastinator) 125 and had no issues with the highway portion at all. Did the test with RTI so there was plenty of highway practice before getting to the test section. If you have any nervousness or hesitation take the test through a course provider. by the end of the review/skills training you will be set to pass the course easily.

good luck!

++1

Back
Top Bottom