m2 exit course - any recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

m2 exit course - any recommendations

bikegirl88

I am getting ready to do my M2 Exit and figured that I may do the training program. Any first hand recommendations as to which course is best? Also, do any of these have bikes that I can take the test on or do I use my own bike?

Thanks

Do you really need attend trainning? I booked my m2 exit at brant street burlington and passed it one shot. I knew from the beginning that i would have to go through m2 exit so i tried to develop proper riding techniques based on what i have read from this forum posted by riders who took m2 exit. It was not that hard. The only thing that was not mentioned was never to stay on the passing lane. Always retract back to the driving lane even if the examiner didnt mention to do so. Try doing it through the driver exam center, it is much cheaper than the course. Of course you have to be confident enough to do so.

I went with learning curves and found it useful. Its only 2 days but the classes are small (we had 3 students) and thats why they can test on the same day as the riding day.

I can't recommend enough not taking the M2exit course. I took mine in STC and they did not actually teach you anything useful as far as riding goes. I told the instructor as much at the end. He said their only goal is to get you to pass. The M2 course was awesome compared to this one. I regret wasting my $! If you just go to the MTO and take the test, you can actually fail several times before you spend what the course costs. Just my experience.

Wherever you go, you will have to bring your own wheels.

I can't remember the exact ratio, but when got my M, it was something like 5:1 between courses and going to MTO. Seriously, if your not conciously riding in a safe manner, and can't pass the ministry in 5 attempts, maybe your shouldn't be riding? FTR, passed MTO in the first attempt. Seriously, signal, complete stops, shoulder checks till you're on the verge of puking. There used to be a sticky here somewhere.

Below is the thread with the examiner's scoresheet. I don't think it has changed since then. There are a lot of little details to remember about how the Ministry expects you to do shoulder checks, signaling, lane positions, looking for hazards, etc. that aren't necessarily how you would ride in the real world. If you read the scoresheet carefully, check for other threads (there are many) with answers to common questions, and familiarize yourself with the route you will be examined on, you should have no problem passing. In my opinion, the main (only?) benefit of a course is it will show you all this in one day, rather than you having to figure it out yourself.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...-(M2X)-checklist!&highlight=M2+exit+checklist

Take the course. You can't guage how much you don't know. You're only learning from those that ride around you and would you rely on them to be teaching you what you need to pass - especially when you're just riding around (are they correcting you on the fly or something?).

And as for which school is best? I think that statement needs revising overall...i'd probably say which instructors are nicer. Point is, they all teach pretty much the same stuff, cuz they gotta get you passing the same test. Which would give you the better experience. Only thing you'll get with a question like yours are ppl replying with the school they took. Unless someone's taken a course at multiple schools to compare, no one can answer that.

Bottom line...there's always something to learn. Is it worth while for you to pay for that? Your call. The test sheets are posted everywhere so you can see what they ding you on. If you want to memorize what they look for vs learning how to ride....that's your call.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been riding for 3 seasons and just over 30,000 kms. One bike per season starting on the GS500F then to the FZ6R and now the GSXR750.

Think I am very good for my limited riding experience.

I took the course with RTI. I found it useful. I had some bad habits they patched up, and I passed easily. It's possible I would have failed because of my bad techniques with a ministry test.

I should also mention I did not have a lot of KMs under my belt (about 7000?) from when I got my M2 to when I got my M. So that had something to do with it too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom