M2 Exit - Brampton Route? | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit - Brampton Route?

kentnelson52

Got my M2 exit (M) test next week in Brampton. Just wondering if anyone’s done the test recently and remembers the route?

There’s a few videos online but they’re fairly old — want to be able to ride out there and practice a few times beforehand.

Any tips and tricks (i.e. what to do/not to do, what to look for/not look for) would be appreciated!

Got my M2 exit (M) test next week in Brampton. Just wondering if anyone’s done the test recently and remembers the route?

There’s a few videos online but they’re fairly old — want to be able to ride out there and practice a few times beforehand.

Any tips and tricks (i.e. what to do/not to do, what to look for/not look for) would be appreciated!
Route won't do you much good unless you know where the marked hazards are.
Read up on the stuff in the checklist section, and make your stops, turns, lane positioning and intersections consistent with what's required.
Based on the location you can probably guess which section of highway you'll be doing in one direction or the other.

What do plan on learning by practicing the route that you can't learn on any other road in the province?

Exaggerate your blind spot and intersection checks.

Pay attention to the correct blocking position.

Always be in gear.

Rear brake engaged at full stops at all times.

there's nothing wrong with preparing urself,,
check this, might be still same route
Brampton M EXIT test

you should pass if you follow M2X handbook

good luck!!!
You missed the point. If he doesn’t know where the examiner is marking him knowing the route isn’t overly beneficial.

I didn’t watch the videos.

No harm in checking out the route. During the test, easy to get overwhelmed by the number of checks one has to do as compared to a normal riding day. Having a good look at Google street view can be beneficial in understanding entry/exits, general road speed, etc.

It will be one less thing to worry about during the test.

I can respect that point of view; but in my opinion, if you need to scout out the area to get 'comfortable' with the potential conditions then you are only selling yourself short on the point of the exam. Similar to people who travel to middle of no where to get their drivers license because they can't pass in the GTA.

They need more riding experience, put the work in.

I can respect that point of view; but in my opinion, if you need to scout out the area to get 'comfortable' with the potential conditions then you are only selling yourself short on the point of the exam. Similar to people who travel to middle of no where to get their drivers license because they can't pass in the GTA.

They need more riding experience, put the work in.
most people who are taking the m1x or m2x are inexperienced , myself included when i went for g1x/g2x/m2x i googled the route where people took the test before and practiced in that area to get familiar with road signs/speed/traffics etc. I drive/ride more aggressively in the city of where i lived than another city, let say, Toronto or any unfamiliar road.

Back
Top Bottom