M1 level rider on SS hard to find insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 level rider on SS hard to find insurance

its been said a MILLION times but once again, the combination of a first year M1/M2 rider and a restricted super sport is a terrible idea. Its the equivalent of a first year G1 or G2 driver trying to get insurance on a Nissan GT-R. There are tons of other sport bikes that are not restricted /blacklisted. Email to: moto@nfp.com and we can send you more info

Hit me up as well, I might be interested in a track bike :unsure:

its been said a MILLION times but once again, the combination of a first year M1/M2 rider and a restricted super sport is a terrible idea. Its the equivalent of a first year G1 or G2 driver trying to get insurance on a Nissan GT-R. There are tons of other sport bikes that are not restricted /blacklisted. Email to: moto@nfp.com and we can send you more info
Why is ontario so much more $$$ than anywhere else in Canada?

Try mitchell and whale, I insured a zx6r with M1 around 300/month, age 27, two tickets at the time.

Dont be discouraged.
My buddy had a hard time getting insurance on a ktm390 with one ticket and an m2. How are you even getting offered a policy on a 600 with an m1? I don't believe it, what year was this?

My buddy had a hard time getting insurance on a ktm390 with one ticket and an m2. How are you even getting offered a policy on a 600 with an m1? I don't believe it, what year was this?
Way more important factors then model year.

2020. I havent checked out any quotes now. I did have my m2 for five years and it expired. Regardless, that shouldnt make a difference because I was never insured with it.

2020. I havent checked out any quotes now. I did have my m2 for five years and it expired. Regardless, that shouldnt make a difference because I was never insured with it.
It may matter in the context that you have a gap in your riding history. Insurance history is just another check box.

Honestly thinking of getting a Quebec license and putting it to a friends address ontario is ****** up

Misrepresenting your residence is a form of insurance fraud. Insurance companies aren't stupid. As a new client they will definitely run an abstract of your licence and probably demand proof of residency. If fraud exists, then your policy is cancelled and you may get dumped into a facility insurance type of situation. Then see what all of your vehicle rates will be, not just for the SS bike..

Another scenario is that they don't discover the misrepresentation up front, but find out about it after an accident. Then they don't pay out, they just cancel your policy and you're doubly screwed.

It's a bit hard to feel sympathetic when someone doesn't do basic checking of insurance rates before buying a bike and then says he's going to game the system to get a cheaper rate. We all pay for this.

Hi guys,

I hear lots and lots fo great advices here so I thought I shoot my shot. I have bought a gsx600 while getting my M1 license.

Called a couple places they said they dont insure M1 rider at all, like wtf we supposed to do say the same to the cop? Lol anyways if anyone can direct me to any location that I can get hands on some insurance please advise.
I'm sorry I'm late on the reply, but I can insure a M1 rider with any type of bike as long as you are over 30 years old with a decent auto insurance driving record. My number is 905-809-9200 or feel free to email me medwards@allstate.ca.

I met someone on the weekend who is male 19 years old with an m1 he bought a ninja 250 and he can't find insurance for it either. Everyone he speaks to refuses the bike. It's crazy.

Side note is that a cbr 650r in your pic? What do you think of it?

Good luck with the insurance....

June 27, 2022!!! You have to be over 30 with a history of auto insurance. Feel free to give your buddy my number.

I met someone on the weekend who is male 19 years old with an m1 he bought a ninja 250 and he can't find insurance for it either. Everyone he speaks to refuses the bike. It's crazy.

Side note is that a cbr 650r in your pic? What do you think of it?

Good luck with the insurance....
It's a 650f, very similar the to 650r from what I can tell. I'll love it, comfortable and quick. Has an Akrapovic exhaust so it sounds good too. If I had any complaints about it, would be it's a bit on the heavy side.

Back
Top Bottom