M1 level rider on SS hard to find insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 level rider on SS hard to find insurance

Shahz

Hi guys,

I hear lots and lots fo great advices here so I thought I shoot my shot. I have bought a gsx600 while getting my M1 license.

Called a couple places they said they dont insure M1 rider at all, like wtf we supposed to do say the same to the cop? Lol anyways if anyone can direct me to any location that I can get hands on some insurance please advise.

One of the most often pieces of advice given here is to shop for insurance before buying the bike.
To answer your question though, I think there's two ways. You borrow a friend's insured bike until you earn your m2, or most people do a course that gets you the m2 while riding their bike.

3rd option, take out a loan and ask a broker to get you a quote from Facility.

Also. That's one of the worst first bikes I can think of to buy. If you can survive the financial drain of insuring it and survive riding it for three years, then you'll be set. I wouldn't bet a dollar that either is realistic.

Last edited:
OP, the responses may seem harsh or lacking help… that’s just the reality of ridding SS without on record experience. You likely won’t find anything for under $4500 annually and it is not a good bike to get your feet wet.

Ride safe and let us know how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

OP, the responses may seem harsh or lacking help… that’s just the reality of ridding SS without on record experience. You likely won’t find anything for under $4500 annually and it is not a good bike to get your feet wet.

Maybe he's 50? He might be able to get cheaper than 4500 if old enough. Most 50 years olds dont say "bruh" though.

As others have said, take the course and then you can probably get insurance (very expensive insurance). Another vote for buying a bike that is more fun to learn on and much cheaper on insurance. Good luck and ride safe.

Maybe he's 50? He might be able to get cheaper than 4500 if old enough. Most 50 years olds dont say "bruh" though.

As others have said, take the course and then you can probably get insurance (very expensive insurance). Another vote for buying a bike that is more fun to learn on and much cheaper on insurance. Good luck and ride safe.
I think he'll need an M2 at any age

Sent from my WP5 using Tapatalk

It’s not just super sports. These days insuring anything as an M1 can be a no go. Some insurers will offer insurance as long as you have a booked M2 course date. Some will insure you as an M2 the moment you pass, even if you’re still in the waiting period to upgrade.

Best advice,

Park the bike and get the course done. Then prepare to bend over, it’s still going to cost you a fortune.

Hi guys,

I hear lots and lots fo great advices here so I thought I shoot my shot. I have bought a gsx600 while getting my M1 license.

Called a couple places they said they dont insure M1 rider at all, like wtf we supposed to do say the same to the cop? Lol anyways if anyone can direct me to any location that I can get hands on some insurance please advise.
Won't be cheap.....prob cost you more than the bike itself. Sorry to say but you should have called for insurance quote before buying a bike.

Good luck

Edit: you should have bought a 2 stroke ;)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

You might want to call those companies back and get a quote for you and your bike with your M2, you may discover that it is priced out of your range even when you get your M2.

Start planning ahead, ask your broker who they deal with and what bikes are blacklisted, If your gixxer rate is $$$$ consider selling and buying something that isn't on your insurance companies surcharge list.

Could keep the gsxr 600 as a track bike. And get a cheap/used smaller cc for the insurance. Once your get more experience/M2/M and cheaper insurance you could insure a SS. The money spent of the SS with M1 on insurance could go towards the race track. $3000.00 you would have **** loads of fun and learn so much on the track and track school.
I wished I had started riding track when I got my M1!

It’s not just super sports. These days insuring anything as an M1 can be a no go. Some insurers will offer insurance as long as you have a booked M2 course date. Some will insure you as an M2 the moment you pass, even if you’re still in the waiting period to upgrade.

Best advice,

Park the bike and get the course done. Then prepare to bend over, it’s still going to cost you a fortune.
Its true I was getting $300/mo quotes on smaller bikes like the fz6r and cbr500.

Honestly thinking of getting a Quebec license and putting it to a friends address ontario is ****** up

You might want to call those companies back and get a quote for you and your bike with your M2, you may discover that it is priced out of your range even when you get your M2.

Start planning ahead, ask your broker who they deal with and what bikes are blacklisted, If your gixxer rate is $$$$ consider selling and buying something that isn't on your insurance companies surcharge list.
I’ve thought about it honestly but do I really want to give up the SS aesthetics and power

P
One of the most often pieces of advice given here is to shop for insurance before buying the bike.
To answer your question though, I think there's two ways. You borrow a friend's insured bike until you earn your m2, or most people do a course that gets you the m2 while riding their bike.

Also. That's one of the worst first bikes I can think of to buy. If you can survive the financial drain of insuring it and survive riding it for three years, then you'll be set. I wouldn't bet a dollar that either is realisti

Also. That's one of the worst first bikes I can think of to buy. If you can survive the financial drain of insuring it and survive riding it for three years, then you'll be set. I wouldn't bet a dollar that either is realistic.
great advice thanks

Thanks bud it was a long shot I know.

Thing is I been riding before never in Canada so there no record and prices are absurd. Cant rap my head around a sport touring haha wont go well with bike suit lol

Back
Top Bottom