M1 insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 insurance

It took me over a year to understand this is the way to go from M1 to M2 licence. That plus I was being cheap and didn't want to spend $500 if I "already knew" how to ride a bike.

I learnt some new things and good habits in the course; and that my fatty being is too much for a poor z125, if I don't remember wrong the handlebars were hitting my knees when doing the slow maneuvers exercises.
Definitely not gonna cheap out I tend to like going the cheap route but I also usually end up getting screwed lmao

Welcome to GTAM. Lots of good advice has been given regarding taking the riding course - you'll learn things that can and may very well save your life one day.

Regarding insurance, always call for quotes *before* buying anything. MC insurance in Ontario is crazy expensive and a lot of people find out the hard way that they simply cannot get insured (or can't get insured for less than an insane amount of money every month) on a motorcycle they already bought. Best to go in eyes wide open first. The key is buying a reasonable starter bike.

Welcome to GTAM. Lots of good advice has been given regarding taking the riding course - you'll learn things that can and may very well save your life one day.

Regarding insurance, always call for quotes *before* buying anything. MC insurance in Ontario is crazy expensive and a lot of people find out the hard way that they simply cannot get insured (or can't get insured for less than an insane amount of money every month) on a motorcycle they already bought. Best to go in eyes wide open first. The key is buying a reasonable starter bike.
Definitely agree my plan is to ask around get quotes to make sure I can even afford the bike I want also thanks for the warm welcome

Unfortunatley a lot of poeple find out that they might not be able to insure their dream bike when they start out, but again, this is a hobby where patience is a virtue - once you get some years under your belt and a good safe record insurance *does* get much more reasonable. But we all went through varying levels of pain in the beginning.

Don't skimp on your gear and ride safe. It's all the same wind no matter what bike your on.

But it looks like you've got realistic plans and a good perspective on things - welcome to the fun!

Back
Top Bottom