M1 Exit on a Can Am Spyder | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 Exit on a Can Am Spyder

diamondbaker

Hi Everyone
Just a newbie here.I am taking my m1 exit test on a can am spyder.There is not alot of info about this test for 3 wheel I know some of it would be the same but it's pretty hard to walk a 3 wheel :)I have the motorcycle book but the only info is for a 2 wheel.I took part of the course at Durham but didn't make it to the end as I my lower part of my body is not very strong due to Arthritis as I am an older Female.I decided to get a spyder and have a restricted licence as I really wanted to get riding with my Husband.I hope someone can help me out here .If the Ministry is going to allow people to get a restricted licence than they really need to make a portion of the handbook based on 3 wheels as well.Thanks

Hi Diamondlbaker.

There is no problem taking the M1Exit test on a Can-Am Spyder. You will be issued a Conditional M2 License limited to a 3 wheeled Motorcycle.
Although the conventional Motorcycle courses available are good, they do not apply to the use and operation of a Can-Am Spyder.
The Ministry would need to release a Spyder only Riders handbook to address your question. I do not see this happening any time soon.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/SpyderTraining

First Spyder Training Program in Ontario at Georgian College! Offering "You Know You Want To" Introduction to the Spyder 2 Hour Sessions and Full Day Courses.

Note: The Can-Am Spyder rides 100% unlike a conventional Motorcycle. It's a whole new experience and takes some getting used to. It's best that you look at a course such as what I noted above as it will provide you with the means to achieve your goals.

Feel free to send me any questions you may have about the Spyder.

Derek

Welcome... Great that you are going for it!

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Hi Everyone
Just a newbie here.I am taking my m1 exit test on a can am spyder.There is not alot of info about this test for 3 wheel I know some of it would be the same but it's pretty hard to walk a 3 wheel :)I have the motorcycle book but the only info is for a 2 wheel.I took part of the course at Durham but didn't make it to the end as I my lower part of my body is not very strong due to Arthritis as I am an older Female.I decided to get a spyder and have a restricted licence as I really wanted to get riding with my Husband.I hope someone can help me out here .If the Ministry is going to allow people to get a restricted licence than they really need to make a portion of the handbook based on 3 wheels as well.Thanks

Hey I'm newbie too, just bought a Spyder, very excited! Can you tell me what M1 exit test is like for 3 wheels??? Thanks!

Hi Betzygirl

The M1 Exit test is simple on the Spyder.

Unlike a conventional motorcycle, you will not be requested to do the same riding patterns as the rest of the group.
Did you buy a SE5 or SM5?
What model/year did you get?

If it's the SE5, the instructor will request location of Clutch and Shifter; advise them that there is no Clutch and show them where the Shifter is.

You'll then do a simple road ride to show that you are capable of managing the Spyder. *Example: Ride to the light. Make a left, then turn around and come back*

Where are you located?

Good luck!
D

good luck with the test!

Great thanks! I may try & get my full M2 still as it's way cheaper on Insurance which doesn't make any sense to me...Very nervous on 2 wheels though. Good to know about the testing. I'm in Orangeville area.

Hi Betzygirl

The M1 Exit test is simple on the Spyder.

Unlike a conventional motorcycle, you will not be requested to do the same riding patterns as the rest of the group.
Did you buy a SE5 or SM5?
What model/year did you get?

If it's the SE5, the instructor will request location of Clutch and Shifter; advise them that there is no Clutch and show them where the Shifter is.

You'll then do a simple road ride to show that you are capable of managing the Spyder. *Example: Ride to the light. Make a left, then turn around and come back*

Where are you located?

Good luck!
D

Hi does anyone know where I can buy a key cover so I can put my key on key chain? Weird it doesn't have a whole for that. Frustrating cause I've bought a demo model from brp & they can only find one key, sounds like they want me to pay for 2nd key...shouldn't dealer provide that, pretty standard I think....

Try posting in the classifieds forum a WTB: Can-am Spyder key cover.

There have been a few "requests" for them.

I'm pretty sure the cover is cosmetic only and provides redundant protection to the key.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom