M Test Soon;) Advice????? | GTAMotorcycle.com

M Test Soon;) Advice?????

fjbabe

Hello all

I will soon be going for my M test :) wondering if anyone knows the route they take you on ? My test will be in brampton. Thanks in advance for the help

Cheers

Hello all

I will soon be going for my M test :) wondering if anyone knows the route they take you on ? My test will be in brampton. Thanks in advance for the help

Cheers

The route doesn't matter. Don't speed and make sure you over-exaggerate all your head movements. Don't do anything dumb and it's a cakewalk.

I heard that some guys put a stripe in the middle of their helmet, so that when you exaggerate your head movements, (and you really should), it's super noticeable.
Otherwise, two hands on the wheel and no using your cell.

Good luck.

Constantly exaggerate your mirror checks. Run a counter in your head, 10s max between checks, the more the better. When I took my M test I mirror checked so frequently I felt like I wasn't paying due attention to the road ahead of me. You know what? I still got dinged for not checking enough. The idea of putting a stripe on the back of your helmet is excellent advice. Do that for sure.

Also, take it in Aurora if you can, the route is simple, the highway time is straightforward, and you'll be able to understand the radio instructions. Personally I have trouble understanding thick accents, especially on the phone, so I couldn't imagine trying to understand them over the motorola radio.

Oh, and bring a really thin toque or something that fits over your ears and under your helmet to hold the ear piece in better.

Good luck to OP I'm taking it soon as well.

Hope I'm not hi-jacking the thread I do have one question related to this ... what's the proper procedure for "roadside stops"?
This is what I think I would do if I'm asked to do one:
1) check mirror/blindspot
2) signal, then check mirror/blindspot again
3) brake+slow down, proceed to a stop
4) go in neutral, kick stand down
5) Get off the bike (should i do this? and do i switch off my turn signal?)

Am i missing anything?

It will include hwy, north on the 410 for one or two exits. They'll want to see two lane changes both times on the hwy and will tell you to do so before the test starts and during the test. Emergency stop on the side of the road will be asked for as well. Like people said keep looking around, check all side streets, roadways, driveways/entrances to malls or other buildings. Watch your speed on ramps and merge safely. Accelerate with the rate of traffic and keep your distance from the cars in / around you. Stay in the correct tire track. In school zones watch your speed for sure and make sure you can hold the throttle at the required speed.

^
Use that checklist. I only got one ding on mine using it.

The exaggerated shoulder checks are the most important in my opinion. Thats the only thing you need to over do. If you are confident in your riding ability it will be no problem. Follow the rules of the road and again over exaggerate your shoulder checks at a dangerous level. Thats how it felt to me.

My advice: DON'T DO IT

Motorcycles are just bad news, man.

Check your blind spot when turning. I got 2 marks off for not doing this. When you stop at a red light keep bike in gear, keep at least one brake engaged, and very importantly LOOK AROUND. You should be doing this anyway. At the light check mirrors, look left, look right, watch for some moron pedestrian about to cross at the last moment. If you have a helmet with some kibd of design you don't need to put tape on it for them to see movement.
Most importantly, practice for a week before you go. Rain or shine.

Ps don't speed. Lol

Here is the exact route.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzXej_2-1o

i took it in Brampton after watching this it was so simple. Like everyone said, exaggerate your head movements on blind spot checks and when you're crossing intersections. Also watch the speed limit. Not too fast. Not too slow.

My my test look 15 mins.

Literally up the 410 to Clark blvd...back on 410 to steeles...right on Kennedy rd....left on to street with flashing red light...through the neighborhood. ...emergency stop....back to steeles...and then back to test centre. THATS IT!

good luck!

Anyone know the route Learning Curves uses for the M test. I think they use north Toronto and I don't know the area up there at all and would love to just familiarize myself.

If you get dinged for a couple mistakes, no big deal. A pass is a pass. Don't sweat it. Don't be stupid.

Anyone know the route Learning Curves uses for the M test. I think they use north Toronto and I don't know the area up there at all and would love to just familiarize myself.

They use roads and highways.

What is the point of familiarizing yourself with the route before hand?

Back
Top Bottom