Luckily the Dart only suffered minor(ish) damage. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Luckily the Dart only suffered minor(ish) damage.

FullMotoJacket

Site Supporter
A-Canadian-Ferrari-F40-Bites-The-Dust-THUMBNAIL-1-650x325.jpg

A-Canadian-Ferrari-F40-Bites-The-Dust-THUMBNAIL-2-650x418.jpg

A-Canadian-Ferrari-F40-Bites-The-Dust-THUMBNAIL-3-487x650.jpg

Testimony as to how well todays cars can handle a crash (thanks to IIHS). That Dart seems to have held up pretty good against the 87 (or so) model year Ferrari

I see no one has added the obligatory "that'll buff right out" so allow me.

But damn!

Testimony as to how well todays cars can handle a crash (thanks to IIHS). That Dart seems to have held up pretty good against the 87 (or so) model year Ferrari

Don't new cars crumple and disintegrate more than old tanks? Sure it's better for the driver but the car gets destroyed.

Don't new cars crumple and disintegrate more than old tanks? Sure it's better for the driver but the car gets destroyed.

I don't know about you, but according to reports, the Dart ran the red, destroyed the Ferrari, and the front end still looks like that? Pretty solid in my books.

Mind you, if the Ferrari had the engine in the front, might have been a different story.

I don't know about you, but according to reports, the Dart ran the red, destroyed the Ferrari, and the front end still looks like that? Pretty solid in my books.

Mind you, if the Ferrari had the engine in the front, might have been a different story.

Who needs more than $100K liabilty insurance? :)

Maybe the ferrari is made to disintegrate and absorb the shock and even though it's so old it's safety design might still be ahead of the dart.

I just read the story. May the owner of the dart rot in hell.

It's those ******** who deserve sky high insurance.

Simple. It can't. If you look on Google there was a shop that bought a messed up one and now it's black. They managed to source some stuff for it but if I recall they had to fabricate a lot. Those cars go on auctions for 500k and up. So about 25 or more of those darts. That would suck to think about if you were at fault.

While there's no creature comforts that car is one of the coolest rides I've ever been in. The car is pure art on wheels and spectacular given when it was made it was so far ahead of anything else. Seeing the result of some entitled moron in a hurry destroying one should be punishable by lots of jail time :D

Last edited:
Simple. It can't. If you look on Google there was a shop that bought a messed up one and now it's black. They managed to source some stuff for it but if I recall they had to fabricate a lot. Those cars go on auctions for 500k and up. So about 25 or more of those darts. That would suck to think about if you were at fault.

While there's no creature comforts that car is one of the coolest rides I've ever been in. The car is pure art on wheels and spectacular given when it was made it was so far ahead of anything else. Seeing the result of some entitled moron in a hurry destroying one should be punishable by lots of jail time :D

Lol its only a car

Even still, knowing that car is rebuilt takes away from it a bit. I guess you just take a Fiero and turn it in to a clone? Seriously, it's a wtf do we do now sort of thing. Sure, maybe the owner gets a pay out, but good luck replacing the car.
The at fault person likely had no idea how special that car was before this happened.

Man card STAT!

Lol. It's not just a car, it a Ferrari and a F40. Then again I'm a hard core tifosa so a bit biased!

I do love cars but won't get so worked up

It's not just a car. It's an icon. There were 1300 ever made. In its time a twin turbo v8 with 471 hp and something like 2500 lbs was crazy talk. It was the fastest production car for a long time. It was also Enzo's last car he was around to produce. It's a unicorn to car people. 400k new then in 87. Today they're bringing more than double that. To ruin it with a dart is against some religions I'm sure.

Even still, knowing that car is rebuilt takes away from it a bit. I guess you just take a Fiero and turn it in to a clone? Seriously, it's a wtf do we do now sort of thing. Sure, maybe the owner gets a pay out, but good luck replacing the car.
The at fault person likely had no idea how special that car was before this happened.

It does take away for the purists but it still sold for 740k. Didn't take away that much

Back
Top Bottom