Lowside crash at TMP June 22nd | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lowside crash at TMP June 22nd

That'll buff right out.

Glad yer ok. Your bike has character now!

3 low sides now. Same 4 pieces needed to be replaced. I'm just gonna buy windscreens in bulk!

My only advice is whatever you need to replace buy two of.

Yikes. I'm not an expert, but I don't think there was anything you could have to prevent that??

Not backing out of the throttle mid corner, to avoid unsettling the suspension. t also looked like the rider missed the apex a smidge and asked for a bit more lean angle right at that moment. That plus cutting the throttle was more than the front tire could take.

It happens. (Been there - but I don't have on-board video to analyze!) Damage to bike and rider was minimal. No big deal.

Curious OP, what sort of lap times are you running around tmp? And were you running warmers?

Average of 1:19 - 1:21

Yes I use bickle warmers
Tires can take a lot more than that in good nick. Stock internals? And id get those forks pushed down in the triples. You may like the smoother lines the bike takes with longer forks. not so tuckie feeling. You now know what tuckie feels like.

Tires can take a lot more than that in good nick.

Thats what i was thinking. You're quick enough to keep the tires hot, doesn't make any sense to me why you fell through there. How shot was the front tire?

I think Ken said it, he let off the throttle putting more on the front suspension and tire while leaning, compounded with the fact that he went a little wide on the line and had to lean more in order to not run wider.

or something like that

He did roll off the throttle which upset the bike a little, but if that was enough to cause the front tire to wash I'd fall down a lot more then I do. I'm guessing that might have been a 200 lap front tire.

He did roll off the throttle which upset the bike a little, but if that was enough to cause the front tire to wash I'd fall down a lot more then I do. I'm guessing that might have been a 200 lap front tire.

Rolling off the throttle at max lean will absolutely cause your front tire to wash out. If your at max lean you can't just throttle on/off and expect no consiquences. Last race I had the front tire slide on me because I rolled off just a little too much or too agressively but I wasn't at maximum lean thankfully or I would have tucked the front the same as OP did. My tire had 40 laps on it.

Here's our buddy TAFB lowsiding at bogie yesterday

[video=youtube;jVvheFG53Wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVvheFG53Wk[/video]

As far as I know he wasn't hurt.

Analysis? Claims he was on "maintenance throttle", but it looks like maybe he was starting to roll on before picking it up at all?

Last edited:

Analysis? Claims he was on "maintenance throttle", but it looks like maybe he was starting to roll on before picking it up at all?

the bike cried right at the end.

the bike cried right at the end.
greedy. trying to hang with the rabbit. poor setup on rear too. bogie has so much traction through there you've got to be way way off to lose it there.

greedy. trying to hang with the rabbit. poor setup on rear too. bogie has so much traction through there you've got to be way way off to lose it there.

Looking at it again, I hear something touching down right before the front tucks.

Looking at it again, I hear something touching down right before the front tucks.

the rear came round imo , notice the bars turned wrong way for front tuck. he felt it coming around too late but got the bars turned . not a friendly guy, he didn't even wave while sliding past the camera. Out of all the places to fall at bogie that's one of the good ones.

Doesn't matter who it is, it's still a horrible sound.

Strange place to crash.

Looks to me like he is lightly rolling on and off the throttle a few times going through that corner by watching his right hand. Either way, I agree that is a very strange place to crash.... never seen one there.

bad line through the turn. Watch the rider in front take a wider, better line. Just ran out of room and lean angle.

if this was anyone else, there would be much less analysis/scrutiny over what happened...doubt anyone would even care to watch the footage if it wasn't of him lol.

Actually I don't know him from Adam. Since I lowsided 2 weeks ago I watch this to help me learn.

if this was anyone else, there would be much less analysis/scrutiny over what happened...doubt anyone would even care to watch the footage if it wasn't of him lol.

Back
Top Bottom