Looking for the best representation for father | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for the best representation for father

promac

Site Supporter
Father got a speeding ticket in Kingston, paced, reduced to 3pts. Swears up and down he wasn't doing even 20 over and wants to fight it. Ticket has wrong date as well - month 10th instead of 11th. He'd prefer a lawyer to fight this.

Make sure that you got the order straight... It could be that he is misreading the order in which the numbers are. If there is no doubt, any idiot will be able to defend that one. Let's say that the ticket says 2011/10/17... All he has to do is let the cop testify that he paced a car on the said date at the said time, that he recorded such and such speed and that he was able to identify the defendant. That's where the evidence/witnesses come in, proving that on 2011/10/17 he was in Niagara Falls with Archie, Harry and Bob, shooting darts, here's the bar receipt (paid with his credit card) and here are Archie and Bob, ready to testify under oath.

The location is a bit of a problem because the usual suspects don't operate there, so he has to find a local paralegal. A lawyer is not necessary, but with paralegals, he has to make sure that the idiot doesn't settle a plea for a lower amount (still a Section 128 violation on the record, treated the same by the insurance industry, points on't matter).

Thanks FireStart. I spoke to a guy at Redline this afternoon - although he doesn't normally service that area, he gave me some great advice and offered to followup on the ticket for me. Anyway, because the month on the ticket was 10 and not 11 as it should have been, and the ticket wasn't filed within 7 days, chances are they might let it go. Pops might have caught a lucky break.

Thanks FireStart. I spoke to a guy at Redline this afternoon - although he doesn't normally service that area, he gave me some great advice and offered to followup on the ticket for me. Anyway, because the month on the ticket was 10 and not 11 as it should have been, and the ticket wasn't filed within 7 days, chances are they might let it go. Pops might have caught a lucky break.

You must have talked to Forch.. He does their intake and is very helpful. Best of luck to your pops. He won't need much in this case ;)

Back
Top Bottom