Looking for new naked | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for new naked

Nikola Tesla

So I’m shopping around for a new bike, currently having fun on a sv650n but want some extra power.. I’ve been looking at fz/mt09, z900, gsx s750, and even street triples, I’ve seen a good number of the older street triples on Kijiji for what seem to be great deals compared to the other bikes I’ve listed here, but how reliable are they? Like this 2013 Triumph Street Triple | Sport Bikes | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji

Any other nakeds I’m missing? I’d say budget of $7000.

Last edited:
So I’m shopping around for a new bike, currently having fun on a sv650n but want some extra power.. I’ve been looking at fz/mt09, z900, gsx s750, and even street triples, I’ve seen a good number of the older street triples on Kijiji for what seem to be great deals compared to the other bikes I’ve listed here, but how reliable are they? Like this 2009 Triumph Street Triple R | Sport Bikes | Oakville / Halton Region | Kijiji

Any other nakeds I’m missing? I’d say budget of $7000.
page no longer exists

out of the japanese id go with the mt09, the rest are plain janes

Triumphs are great, fairly reliable as well but expensive insurance(I got quoted the same for 1301 KTM that I did for a 765 recently)

You can look into some ducati monsters as well, maybe a 796 or something? the 821 monsters tend to be more expensive
Perhaps a hyperstrada(821) or hypermotard? They're great fun and you're more likely to find them in your budget

perhaps an aprilia shiver or dorsoduro?(750 or 900 if you get lucky?)

If I think of more i'll let you know

Just to throw something else out there, I really enjoyed my 2007 Yamaha FZ1. They don't fall on a lot of peoples radar so sell for dirt cheap, I sold mine in mint shape for $2600 a few years ago.

Fixed the link, hmmmm I’ll search all those up

Not the best pictures, but priced well, its coming up on desmo service though, gotta see records of it done or knock another grand off the price.
"Serviced at Peninsula Imports in Oakville (official dealer of Ducati), with all records available. "

Not the best pictures, but priced well, its coming up on desmo service though, gotta see records of it done or knock another grand off the price.
"Serviced at Peninsula Imports in Oakville (official dealer of Ducati), with all records available. "
Just saw this, not bad

I just put a deposit on a 2021 Z900 this morning.

I was debating between that, the MT-09 and the Street Triple. The MT-09 has a small gas tank/range, which would probably get annoying after a while. I did like the ergonomics though, and if they hadn't ruined the headlight for the 2021 model, I may have picked it up. I would seriously consider an older model if you don't mind a soft suspension.

The Street Triple looks fantastic but is too sporty for me - the ergonomics weren't that great, plus it was pricier and I'm sure less reliable/more expensive to maintain. You also need to live near a Triumph dealer, which was an issue for me as well.

The Z900 seemed like a really good value all around. Looks great, comfortable ergonomics, 17l gas tank, Japanese reliability. Maybe not as exciting as the other options, but I couldn't find any issues with it.

I just put a deposit on a 2021 Z900 this morning.

I was debating between that, the MT-09 and the Street Triple. The MT-09 has a small gas tank/range, which would probably get annoying after a while. I did like the ergonomics though, and if they hadn't ruined the headlight for the 2021 model, I may have picked it up. I would seriously consider an older model if you don't mind a soft suspension.

The Street Triple looks fantastic but is too sporty for me - the ergonomics weren't that great, plus it was pricier and I'm sure less reliable/more expensive to maintain. You also need to live near a Triumph dealer, which was an issue for me as well.

The Z900 seemed like a really good value all around. Looks great, comfortable ergonomics, 17l gas tank, Japanese reliability. Maybe not as exciting as the other options, but I couldn't find any issues with it.
When I bought my fz09 in ‘17 I glanced at the z900. The dash at the time was atrocious. I was so turned off I didn’t bother to consider any other aspect of it.

Glad the new ones are rocking much better screens!

When I bought my fz09 in ‘17 I glanced at the z900. The dash at the time was atrocious. I was so turned off I didn’t bother to consider any other aspect of it.

Glad the new ones are rocking much better screens!
Got to ride both while I was cross shopping as well, the kawi is heavier and there is no comparison in the engine department

on the plus side though, the kawi is very stable and confidence inspiring at higher speeds

Benelli triple?
this must have been before the Chinese buyout

Yeah, that one is a 2015. Don't like the newer ones as much.

2020%20Benelli%20TNT%20600%2002.jpg

Got to ride both while I was cross shopping as well, the kawi is heavier and there is no comparison in the engine department

on the plus side though, the kawi is very stable and confidence inspiring at higher speeds

I'm curious, did you get to ride them at demo days, or did the dealers let you themselves? I asked several dealers for a test ride and not one said yes. Really frustrating making a big purchase and not even being able to ride it first....

I'm curious, did you get to ride them at demo days, or did the dealers let you themselves? I asked several dealers for a test ride and not one said yes. Really frustrating making a big purchase and not even being able to ride it first....
its hit and miss, some dealers have a bunch of demo bikes or used bikes specifically for test rides(apex does, as does GP I hear)

in this instance I was buying gear at two wheel in guelph, and was cross shopping, so I asked them for a test ride as I was walking out, and they usually oblige(their sales department has always been good with me)

A bunch of them have strict no test rides ever policy as well, but I usually avoid those dealers

Pretty much no dealer but bmw, Ducati or Harley will have a demo bike available. I once asked and was told it was due to insurance.

@bigpoppa was nice enough to inform us that Apex Cycle in Cambridge has some demo models available for different brands.

Back
Top Bottom