Looking for motorcycle sled? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for motorcycle sled?

crankcall

Site Supporter
I'm probably not calling it the right thing but its a steel track that is mounted with casters and once you put the bike on it you can roll it around the garage floor. I've seen them years ago at bike shows, I have a big touring bike i'd like to slide sideways into a parking spot.
Anybody know where these come from or have one. ?? thanks in advance

Something like this?

One of the members posted 3 of his sleds being parked on these under their front skis.

I'm bored this morning..... Top 7 Best Motorcycle Dollies On The Market 2020 Reviews

There is tons of this stuff on Kijiji.
Does your bike have a centre stand. If it does I would recommend a motorcycle dolly instead. It takes up less room.

1587746224357.png

Or this. I think this is close to you.

There is tons of this stuff on Kijiji.
Does your bike have a centre stand. If it does I would recommend a motorcycle dolly instead. It takes up less room.

View attachment 42867

Or this. I think this is close to you.

How the hell do you get the bike up there? I'd have to ramp one of the wheels first. Trying to get a big bike up onto a centre stand when the ground is a inch higher at the stand than under the wheels is not a fun game. Geometry is not in your favour.

How the hell do you get the bike up there? I'd have to ramp one of the wheels first. Trying to get a big bike up onto a centre stand when the ground is a inch higher at the stand than under the wheels is not a fun game. Geometry is not in your favour.

It's not as bad as it looks or seems.
I'm no body builder and I can do it with my 450lbs bike.

The metal plate of the dolly just hovers over the cement floor. The casters are not big so it keep the platform low.
They are designed for goldwings etc.

Start around the 3 min mark of the video below. The actuall lifting is at 4:30

I initially thought about the bigger/longer dolly for winter storage but decided to go against it because I would have to store it somewhere when not being used under the bike.

It's not as bad as it looks or seems.
I'm no body builder and I can do it with my 450lbs bike.

The metal plate of the dolly just hovers over the cement floor. The casters are not big so it keep the platform low.
They are designed for goldwings etc.

Start around the 3 min mark of the video below. The actuall lifting is at 4:30
Sorry to be so negative, but after 16 years of owning an 1800 Wing (with reverse gear) i can't think of one time where i would have wanted to roll it around the garage in circles.

Back
Top Bottom