Looking for machinist to vent a ducati dry clutch engine case | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for machinist to vent a ducati dry clutch engine case

He's talking about the case.

Thanks I'm glad someone understands me. Yes I am talking about the actual engine case. Its common to vent these and DP even made a magnesium one that is a little on the pricey side.

Example of something similar

90194d1306096318-fs-vented-clutch-case-cc1.jpg

Just out of interest, is there any performance advantage or is this just for looks? The clutch should run cooler, but pick up more road debris, does venting affect clutch life in any way?

Just out of interest, is there any performance advantage or is this just for looks? The clutch should run cooler, but pick up more road debris, does venting affect clutch life in any way?

Should not affect clutch life, the benefits are debatable. When I switched to a belt/dry primary on my Commando I had it vented with stainless mesh inserts to keep the big stuff out.

To be honest greyGhost you would be pushing it to justify any benefit. Easy to inspect plates and basket tangs, easier to keep clean, runs cooler and looks good. Disadvantage open to the elements. I like mine open with easy access to inspect regularly but I also ride in all weathers so hey call me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom