looking at 507 | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking at 507

Sixbagger

Has anybody been up or down 507 recently?
Have they finished with the construction for this year?
I'm planning a route for Sunday, and it would be nice to know beforehand.

They have not...was there on the 30th. The bottom portion is great, the middle portion has some construction, and the top end isn't overly smooth.

Almost got knocked off my bike as when they were putting down gravel the ruts were 5-8" deep and my bike jumped around. Guy yelled at me for going too fast. Met a couple of a large cruiser and they also almost fell off as they were caught off guard by the depth of the grooves.

In addition, Elephant Lake Road had about 3-5km of packed dirt before it opened up.

They have not...was there on the 30th. The bottom portion is great, the middle portion has some construction, and the top end isn't overly smooth.

Almost got knocked off my bike as when they were putting down gravel the ruts were 5-8" deep and my bike jumped around. Guy yelled at me for going too fast. Met a couple of a large cruiser and they also almost fell off as they were caught off guard by the depth of the grooves.

In addition, Elephant Lake Road had about 3-5km of packed dirt before it opened up.
Thanks for the quick response.

I was there last week, and like @mimico_polak said the middle part is still not fully paved. It's like some weird in between phase where it's not fully dirt and gravel, but not asphalt. And the ruts he's talking about are REAL, your bike will move under you, so be aware of that beforehand. I rode it in moderate rain on a naked bike and it was more sketchy than fun. I was doing max 60km/h most of the time through that rough part. On a dry day and a bike better suited it's honestly not that bad. I didn't see any construction vehicles or too many signs really out, and there is still a decent amount of road to finish, so I'm guessing they won't be done it until next year (2022).

Just rode the 507 twice over the last 3 days (came down it yesterday) and no issues at all - there was no construction but I can't recall now if a section was freshly paved (I think there was). I'm downloading video this weekend so will dbl-check on the new pavement. We came across so much fresh pavement over 3 days that it's hard to remember where it all was.

I will confirm that Elephant Lake Rd is still dirt though.

Elephant Lake rd still has dirt on it. More like muck actually. Did it on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom