Looking 4 Personal Review on GoPro and SENA SMH10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking 4 Personal Review on GoPro and SENA SMH10

GHarvey

Hey GTAM Folk. Was just looking for some personal insight from those of you who own the GoPro (Hero) camera and/or the SENA SMH10. Just want to know stuff like if anyone has any issues with them like pieces braking or being to fragile, connection issues, software issues, mounting issues, how you feel their software works, all those things, please share anything and everything! I know more about the positive sides to these products than the negative side and just interested to see what people have to say!

Love the go pro and its tough as nails. Had put it on a rental bike at Bogie and my bad really as the fairing was not smooth so after a few laps the suction came off. lol Went looking for it at lunch and I was pleasently suprised to find it was still intact including the suction. Only had to recharge the bat as it was on the whole morning and used it on the tank for a few more sessions in the afternoon with out any problems:)

Gopro is awesome.
It's really tough, mine spends each weekend eating roost (rocks, sand, mud etc) has survived some crashes that have knocked me senseless and is waterproof... I've tested that too. Can't go wrong with it!

SENA SMH10 - Amazing bluetooth/headset. So easy to use, and so far it's been nothing but great.

Purchased mine from http://cyclebots.com/. - best price (+ coupon online) and service, plus they ship USPS so no hidden charges.

I'll post more details about it at a later time :)

You can't go wrong with the GoPro, it's well proven.

Definitely get the GoPro HD - it's amazing as everyone here can attest. I just got back from a 2month motorcycle tour of europe and it held up the whole time, even through a nasty crash. I took a total of 150GB worth of footage with nary missing a beat. Sometimes there were a few SD card issues, and a couple of times I had to take the battery out to reset the SOS condition, but other than that flawless. (Considering I used it for 2 hrs / day for 60 days, that's a completely acceptable error rate)

As for the SENA, it's magnificent to use and very sturdy, HOWEVER we experienced major issues in the auto-on/off mic sensitivity pick-up in about the 5th week of the trip. We will send both back to the retailer or manufacturer as it is still under warranty. Issue was that it would cut out the connection mid-conversation, as if the sensor that recognizes that the mic transducer is being hit was malfunctioning, killing the channel. Since the problem was intermittent, it is really tough to diagnose.

Hope that helps.

There is a trick with the SOS. Fiery told me how to reset it at Bogie. I believe you just hold the top button and it goes away.

Definitely get the GoPro HD - it's amazing as everyone here can attest. I just got back from a 2month motorcycle tour of europe and it held up the whole time, even through a nasty crash. I took a total of 150GB worth of footage with nary missing a beat. Sometimes there were a few SD card issues, and a couple of times I had to take the battery out to reset the SOS condition, but other than that flawless. (Considering I used it for 2 hrs / day for 60 days, that's a completely acceptable error rate)

As for the SENA, it's magnificent to use and very sturdy, HOWEVER we experienced major issues in the auto-on/off mic sensitivity pick-up in about the 5th week of the trip. We will send both back to the retailer or manufacturer as it is still under warranty. Issue was that it would cut out the connection mid-conversation, as if the sensor that recognizes that the mic transducer is being hit was malfunctioning, killing the channel. Since the problem was intermittent, it is really tough to diagnose.

Hope that helps.

Sena SMH-10:
Wear ear foam and play with the speaker positioning for best effect. Sometimes it felt like I was barely getting sound out of one side until I adjusted them - then there's plenty of volume. The foam kills the white noise and the audio gets through intelligibly.
No problems with phone answering and conversations. People didn't clue in that I was riding my bike.
Intercom voice sounded natural but I did have times when I couldn't get a conversation back once it timed out (I use push to start a chat, not the VOX feature).
Love the short on/off delay sequence. Pairs easily with my HTC Desire Z. CHECK COMPATIBILITY with your specific smartphone and GPS as some issues cropped up on the original version that were addressed but some guys say they were better off with the original "A" headset than the firmware in the new "B" series. At least the new ones can be firmware upgraded.
Music playing - really good. I didn't think I'd enjoy it so much. I turn it off in traffic/city.
I don't have a bluetooth GPS so no comment there.

Mine got soaked when I put the helmet in my jacket and tucked them under a stage. Some water tanks got dumped behind the stage and the water soaked everything. The headset worked for about a half hour after that but then the power button sequence did not respond to shut it off. It kept running. The phone button felt mushy. It took a week to get an RMA and the day I was ready to ship it back I charged it and tried one last time and it was working again so I didn't return it. The phone button felt normal again. That was July.
I might have a new in the box single B version to sell in the next month, depending on arrival.

Thanks for all the insight! Appreciate it. Safe riding everyone.

Do a search here for a review I did fr the sena smh10

It's pretty awesome.

B

Back
Top Bottom