Long Way Up released on Apple TV | GTAMotorcycle.com

Long Way Up released on Apple TV

I just finished watching the first 3 episodes. I'm not a big fan, I enjoyed Long Way Around and Long Way Down.

I feel for Charley Bormann he looks rough now after that last accident

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Obviously I'm enjoying it. It's kinda too bad the LiveWire was in such prototype stage because they're having issues they wouldn't face today. It is nice to see it on the road though! I almost wish now that one of the bikes had been a Zero just for the comparison.

I also love the lengths Rivian went to to make this trip viable! Goddamn, now I want to follow their trail!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I like what I've seen so far in the first 3 episodes.

Yeah, yeah, same criticisms apply as the first two series. Some over the top stuff made for TV ("what do you mean the Harley's can't charge with Level1?")

Who cares, it's entertainment. Outside of youtube, there isn't much when it comes to high quality motorcycle related content.

HD does seem serious about electric bikes. Past few times at the dealer they keep saying this is the future of bikes just like cars etc. Best to be on board then be left behind etc. hopefully they can make it work.

Sent from the moon!

Watched the first 3 episodes. Most immediate observations:

1. Charley Boorman is much more quiet/passive? than before.

2. Lots of time in angst over running out of power. truthfully, i am not surprised but i had to believe they were much better prepared for this than the show is displaying - the random prompt appearances of the diesel trucks was proof for me. I have to admit I chuckled at all the talk about sustainable and electric, only to have a diesel truck there to generate power.

3. the production value of this feels more like the first one than the second one, which i felt was a bit overproduced.

4. I have to think HD put a ton of effort into this. They've been running on sluggish sales the past few years, and something like this could really jump start their brand. They will 100% make the bikes make the whole trip without issue - at least not due to user error.

I'll still watch it.

Missed half our trip in Chile and this gives me a travel fix. (y)
Just watched the first three shows last night. Brought me back to the first two. I feel it really showed that the motorcycle industry and infrastructure has a long way to go when it comes to electric power. If you noted in the colder temperature they seemed to be averaging 40 mph (hopefully it wasn’t kph). Even in the warmer climates they only Managed 50-55 at best, ridiculously slow even when enjoying the surroundings. Yes more time to enjoy the surroundings and people but really that must have been extremely frustrating and boring at times. They were excited when they covered 200km in a day. I think it highlighted the inadequacies with the technology at the moment more than anything. Still enjoyed the show mind you ?

Episode 4
Beautiful Chile
The pair cross the border and enter Chile; the views are absolutely magnificent — it’s Independence week where citizens celebrate taking away Spanish rule. They enjoy the local cuisine. As they continue to ride, the road looks like paradise; a mountain next to lakes, glistening in the sun with a rainbow in the distance.

We missed this part of our trip due to covid so was great to see ( we will go back )

Definitely agree episode 4 was the best, it's nice to see the trip rather then all the drama.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

HD does seem serious about electric bikes. Past few times at the dealer they keep saying this is the future of bikes just like cars etc. Best to be on board then be left behind etc. hopefully they can make it work.

Sent from the moon!
Then H-D should crank up live wire production and mass produce the things until they saturate the market,
like Mr. Honda would do but still has not done.

Warm weather only motorcycles and cars. :unsure: should be a big hit in somewhere like Arizona.

Great adventure/television running prototype electric vehicles where there is very little infrastructure as of yet, but as a biking adventure, I'd rather watch Itchy Boots. Lone woman on a Royal Enfield that went around the world and was going the same route, but all the way to Alaska. On hold due to Covid. She's riding Europe on a CB500x for now.

One thing I'm wondering about that the show hasn't touched on yet is how many km's they're doing per day and how. Let's forget about the cold weather battery/charging issues they were having, but assume ideal conditions.

I think it was mentioned that the Livewire's do 100 or 150km's on a full charge. How many fast chargers are they finding along the way? Probably not enough to matter. I am assuming that most of their charging is slow charging which would take overnight. It's roughly 15000km's from Ushuaia to LA, they're doing it in three months. Say they ride for 80 of those days, that's 188km's/day, so they need half a charge ever day.

Doable, but I am very curious about the logistics. Are they continuously using the diesel generator truck to charge? Would make sense, but obviously defeat the spirit of the trip.

One thing I'm wondering about that the show hasn't touched on yet is how many km's they're doing per day and how. Let's forget about the cold weather battery/charging issues they were having, but assume ideal conditions.

I think it was mentioned that the Livewire's do 100 or 150km's on a full charge. How many fast chargers are they finding along the way? Probably not enough to matter. I am assuming that most of their charging is slow charging which would take overnight. It's roughly 15000km's from Ushuaia to LA, they're doing it in three months. Say they ride for 80 of those days, that's 188km's/day, so they need half a charge ever day.

Doable, but I am very curious about the logistics. Are they continuously using the diesel generator truck to charge? Would make sense, but obviously defeat the spirit of the trip.
I've got a picture of an "electric" pickup truck in Washington state that had a running generator strapped in the bed with a cord running to the truck. Gets you the EV plates and tax credits and the range of a gasser.

Back
Top Bottom