Little old man with road rage, tailgating me, honking like a lonely goose | GTAMotorcycle.com

Little old man with road rage, tailgating me, honking like a lonely goose

DejaVu

Immature of me, but I probably did more to aggravate the situation than to defuse it. I did not speed up or try to get out of his way. It was a 4-lane city street without much traffic, and I was in the slow lane. He seemed awfully angry and hostile. Definite over-reaction on his part.
I have run into a few aggressive bike-haters recently, but nobody homicidal. Just tailgaters and horn blowers (and Beck taxis). Me, I'm conservative, stick to the posted limit or try to keep up with the flow, try not to get in anybody's way or draw attention to myself.

So, this is my question. How do you sensible folks deal with aggressive hostile jackasses when you have one on your back fender?

Immature of me, but I probably did more to aggravate the situation than to defuse it. I did not speed up or try to get out of his way. It was a 4-lane city street without much traffic, and I was in the slow lane. He seemed awfully angry and hostile. Definite over-reaction on his part.
I have run into a few aggressive bike-haters recently, but nobody homicidal. Just tailgaters and horn blowers (and Beck taxis). Me, I'm conservative, stick to the posted limit or try to keep up with the flow, try not to get in anybody's way or draw attention to myself.

So, this is my question. How do you sensible folks deal with aggressive hostile jackasses when you have one on your back fender?

You're on a motorcycle. If it's not safe or wise to move over and let him past then roll on the throttle and get out of there.

I remember hearing a story about two riders that were being tailgated by some idiot driver. They repeatedly tried to get the driver to back off, but it didn't work.

So when they stopped at another light and he stopped too close, they both did burnouts, laying melted rubber all over his hood and leaving a nice smoke screen to escape with.

Lift up the back of your jacket to show off your Glock Forty... If you don't have a Glock Forty, then best to follow Blackfin's advice.

Don't bring a bike to a carfight

Don't bring a bike to a carfight

+1. As my dear old Dad used to say, "Don't be dead right". I don't let anyone tailgate me. It is simply too dangerous if he makes a mistake and gives you a right good tap in the rear. You'll be down kissing pavement, he'll run over you, then drive away, leaving you and your insurance company to sort out a single vehicle crash. Get out of any dangerous situation.

Little old man or not, his car is bigger than your bike.

+1, if it wasn't busy, I'd imagine changing lanes to let him by, even if you are in the right lane would be the best course of action. Then just be behind him or away from him. Altogether tho, get away from them.

You're on a motorcycle. If it's not safe or wise to move over and let him past then roll on the throttle and get out of there.

+1. As my dear old Dad used to say, "Don't be dead right". I don't let anyone tailgate me. It is simply too dangerous if he makes a mistake and gives you a right good tap in the rear. You'll be down kissing pavement, he'll run over you, then drive away, leaving you and your insurance company to sort out a single vehicle crash. Get out of any dangerous situation.

Little old man or not, his car is bigger than your bike.

Good advice

Still waiting for someone to make a real life buster sword for moto riders
FFVII_THUMB_medium.jpg

sword-buster.jpg

It looks like Cloud is riding a VMAX...

Definitely take the advice as other posters mentioned and get the hell out of there.

Yes officer, that machete mounted to my DRZ is for trail clearing...
Yes officer the 1887 shotgun mounted is for hunting

Maybe there was something hanging off, or wrong with your bike.

Still waiting for someone to make a real life buster sword for moto riders
FFVII_THUMB_medium.jpg

Same, I'd imagine the rider looking something like this at 80km/h:

hang.jpg

Back
Top Bottom