Little adv bikes(versys 300) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Little adv bikes(versys 300)

If I were to buy an ADV style bike, I'd probably get the Versys 300.

Light weight is a better feature than more power in off-road conditions. I just can't see spending $20k plus on a big displacement KTM or BMW that weighs way too much.

Current edition of Inside Motorcycles has a test of one; they liked it.

Yeah that's another good choice ... and it's been around for a couple of years.

I'd take the CB500x everytime over the 300....yes it's a twin but a better trade off in my view.

386 lb wet versus 427lb on the CB500x.

$6399 for the Versys $7399 for the Honda....$1000 well spent on a proven model. 2016 Hondas around for less.

That said for the new rider and if the there is an insurance break under 300 cc might work.

Last edited:
If I were to buy an ADV style bike, I'd probably get the Versys 300.

Light weight is a better feature than more power in off-road conditions. I just can't see spending $20k plus on a big displacement KTM or BMW that weighs way too much.

Current edition of Inside Motorcycles has a test of one; they liked it.

I'd look at the 300 for weight and cost, but more power is pretty important depending on where your riding. I dont want to spend 20k + either to drop it numerous times a day, but if your looking at 100 miles of loose sand, HP is your friend.

Its a great time for motorbikes with manufacturers getting onside with smaller/less expensive/user friendly bikes becoming the norm not the exception.

Wr is a decent dual sport but heavy, xt is a old dog and way out of date and underpowered.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

and also discontinued :(

Though i suspect bikes and parts wont be hard to find

Back
Top Bottom