Lightest smallest bike available | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lightest smallest bike available

Mad Mike

I'm looking for a the smallest, lightest bike/moped/scooter I can find. I wish I could find a reasonably priced Motocompo -- that would fit the bill -- but they are too collectible and I'm not willing to pay $5k for a 40 year old scooter. Will be used as a grocery-getter when travelling.

I plan to carry it on my boat for use when I'm away from home. Here is my wish list:
  • Top speed -- 60kmh will do
  • Rear carrier to mount 40l folding basket
  • As light as possible -- no more than 200lbs as it must ride on a swim platform and liftable with a portable davit
  • Plate-able for road use, highway not important
  • No ebikes, prefer gas
I don't really care about the age as long as I can get parts and it's reasonably dependable. Not going to see more than a a few hundred km per year.

Ideas?

A fella we see in the summer has a Honda ruckus on his boat, if sits on the rear deck not a swim platform . Other guy we saw had an e bike , $2500 new , no dui as far as I know. Hard to beat a decent CTC mountain bike with a rack, your in for $300? 60lbs and you can throw two back there

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CT90 <- don't click on that, I didn't make it a hyper-link, the virus did.

Last edited:
DMP Trailmaster perhaps.

A fella we see in the summer has a Honda ruckus on his boat, if sits on the rear deck not a swim platform . Other guy we saw had an e bike , $2500 new , no dui as far as I know. Hard to beat a decent CTC mountain bike with a rack, your in for $300? 60lbs and you can throw two back there

+1 for the Ruckus. They have great aftermarket support too.

I have a couple of folding bicycles -- they are great for short juants. When you pull into a marina that's 20km from a beer/liquor store -- the spark plug comes in handy.

Most of the honda CT's could fit the bill. They fit in the back seat of a VW Golf.

Or I know someone selling a nice Ossa for 4200. :) Skip the davit and just ride it from the dock to the boat and back. Everybody needs a trials bike.

If you could find an old Honda PC50 -

View attachment 41474
I have thought of these and they would do the trick - light (50kg), and dependable. The downside is they are bit big -- I'm really looking for something as compact as possible, and they only make about 2hp and with me and a case of beer will hit 25MPH on flat ground with no wind.

I have thought of these and they would do the trick - light (50kg), and dependable. The downside is they are bit big -- I'm really looking for something as compact as possible, and they only make about 2hp and with me and a case of beer will hit 25MPH on flat ground with no wind.
A monkey bike is compact, awesome and available new for less than 5K. Somehow it's over your weight budget though (235 lbs).

Most of the honda CT's could fit the bill. They fit in the back seat of a VW Golf.

Or I know someone selling a nice Ossa for 4200. :) Skip the davit and just ride it from the dock to the boat and back. Everybody needs a trials bike.
and a chainsaw (y) which is also handy and great exercise.

Learn to pedal ! ;) ;) ;)

Around here we call them KLR top boxes.
If you cut a milk crate in half and mount each half on plywood that makes classy side bins too.
... drill holes through the plywood where you can strategically locate zip ties to hold it all together

Hmmm, KLR? You got me thinking... If I hung a KLR off the bowsprit anchor line I could kill 2 birds with one bullet!

Hmmm, KLR? You got me thinking... If I hung a KLR off the bowsprit anchor line I could kill 2 birds with one bullet!
5 bucks says it would start after being used as an anchor. Not my thing, but damn do they take a licking and keep working.

whats wrong with a bicycle? sounds perfect
I have bicycles on the boat - they are great locally. I want a small gas powered thing for the same reason many of us ride motorcycles instead of bicycles. When I need to go 50km for a part, to a restaurant, or for liter of hooch, I don't always want that to be a full day trip.

This guy still has a 2014 Grom for sale. It’s been on kijiji for a long time and kept popping up in my CB350 searches.

Not sure of price as he wanted $2500 for both bikes and has sold the CB350.

Weight is 229lbs for the 2019 model yr. so close to your 200lb target.

0476900b757eddfc90c08f52bf076741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom