License plate frames for canadian plates | GTAMotorcycle.com

License plate frames for canadian plates

ALD

Just bought a kuryakyn licence plate frame product number 9166 & the mounting holes are way off from the holes that are on my ont plate.
Looking for suggestions on what to do in this case.
Or would the mto make a custom plate that would match the holes on my frame if anyone had this done.

As long as the size is the same just drill through the frame or plate. I’d probably drill through the plate to match the frame.

This way you won’t have 2 sets of holes.

As long as the size is the same just drill through the frame or plate. I’d probably drill through the plate to match the frame.

This way you won’t have 2 sets of holes.
I can drill through the plate to match up the holes to the frame but the existing holes on the plate are exposed beyond the frame on the inside.
Looks a little takey the way it is without drilling new holes.

Where did you buy from? Is the frame for a different market?

I can drill through the plate to match up the holes to the frame but the existing holes on the plate are exposed beyond the frame on the inside.
Looks a little takey the way it is without drilling new holes.

Just drill the plate. I had to do that to get my plate to mount on my KTM. Thin metal, was easy to do.

Passed a large group Sunday morning and had a member of the group break away and chase me to the next light. He wanted to tell me my plate was hanging by one bolt. 152kms on the bike , dealer finger tightened the bolts . Use nyloc nuts or double nut lock the bolts .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

As with all license plate frames, the front part of that one is probably illegal as it blocks part of the face of the plate. Every other vehicle has a similar issue. Just be respectful if you get pulled over, it's an easy value added ticket for grumpy cops.

Back
Top Bottom