License plate cover | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

License plate cover

make sure you buy the ones for ontario plates. alberta's dont line up and neither do usa plate covers.
ive got one from predominance improvements that is for usa and the holes are way off so i just didnt bother. i never checked to see if it lines up on the alberta plate though.

I looked around but couldn't find a license plate cover for Ontario motorcycle plates.
Do these exist?
Thx.

yeah, Canadian tire stopped carrying motorcycle ones. You can get them on ebay, but make sure you get the right one to fix our licence plates. Also note that the size maybe correct, but the holes maynot align up, so you'll need to drill new holes. AND Ive never had problems (touch wood) with having them on the bike when I dealt with Law Enforcement .

Just be aware you can get a ticket for even a clear cover car or bike.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

true, you can also get a ticket for having that "dealer frame" around the plate as well.. but how many people have been ticketed for that??

yeah, Canadian tire stopped carrying motorcycle ones. You can get them on ebay, but make sure you get the right one to fix our licence plates. Also note that the size maybe correct, but the holes maynot align up, so you'll need to drill new holes. AND Ive never had problems (touch wood) with having them on the bike when I dealt with Law Enforcement .

I bought 2ea, from CT and they lined up. I for the front and rear. LOL big time. Actually 1 spare.

Because I have a custom plate that I'd like to protect from crap. Been using clear covers on my cars for years and never had a problem.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Could you maybe just put the plate through a laminator?

Anyone got anything about just a frame? I want black but not the typical cheap looking crap from ebay

Anyone got anything about just a frame? I want black but not the typical cheap looking crap from ebay

Like plastic or something else? There are aluminum anodized plate frames on eBay, too...

You 'could' be ticketed for the plate cover if it obscures the plate. If it's dirty, has a border or something that covers the validation sticker, has a dark tint, etc. Usually see this charge when it's really bad. I don't see many motorcycle plates that are pitting/fading because they aren't subject to the same grime that car plates are, from driving in the winter.

Probably the most current argument against the plate covers is how it may interfere with plate-reading cameras.

The plastic plate covers make your ride look like $41t - dirt gets underneath and isn't washed off unless you remove/replace, and the plastic yellows over time.

I understand a front cover as the paint on iontario plates is pretty fragile these days, but rear covers aren't really for protection - they're just to make you look cool or aid concealement.

Just to further the information. My plate, smoke, is seen by the 407 cameras.

http://www.citynews.ca/2006/07/17/licence-plate-covers-not-permitted/

The clear plastic covers do not reflect well at night and are harder to see; a naked license plate has reflective properties that allow it to be seen at large distances.

I can understand protecting your investment (personalized plate); it might be in your best interest to carry a screwdriver so that if you're stopped you can remove the cover by the side of the road.

IMO it's not worth giving officers an excuse to stop you.

I went to the driver/vehicle lisencing office in the bayfield mall in Barrie. Standing in line they have an ad selling plate covers at this location, right beside it a poster saying that it's illegal to use a plate cover according to the Mto. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like plastic or something else? There are aluminum anodized plate frames on eBay, too...

Like this is what came with my fender eliminator but it's not for onterrible plates. I'd love this but meant for our plates

se8a2y5a.jpg

I just left off the black anodized frame from my Yosh FE since the holes don't match our plates.

I went to the driver/vehicle lisencing office in the bayfield mall in Barrie. Standing in line they have an ad selling plate covers at this location, right beside it a poster saying that it's illegal to use a plate cover according to the Mto. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And beside the poster and the MTO warning, is a letter from the (then) president of the OPPA saying that he couldn't find a reason that the plate covers were illegal. Talk about a mixed message.

Back
Top Bottom