License plate blocker | GTAMotorcycle.com

License plate blocker

Quote: Not to mention no tickets for red lights.

YES it works great.
However it may get rubbed off when the other driver goes through the green light and runs over you. It must have something to do with the mixture of the blood and spray from the can.
Give it a try anyway and let us know how you make out.

Obviously I wouldn't run red lights on purpose but it happens sometimes. I was just more interested in not paying for the 407

When i see people with their plates whited out or otherwise blocked out on the roads i wish to hell i was a cop just so that i could pull them over and i'd hit them with every other fine i could come up with too at the time. A-holes trying to get away with *****.. Just follow the rules of the road like the rest of us and you won't have to worry about hiding your plates. :mad:

If you often find yourself going through red lights I wouldn't worry about getting caught with a fine for the 407 at some point in the future, that's going to be the least of your worries.

If you have a pickup just put the tailgate down.
Last winter I had the sled in the bed with the gate down and the front plate was packed with ice/snow.
Never received a bill

spray some shaving cream on the plates before you enter and exit the cameras.

Tried it. Doesn't work too great.

Someone mentioned, just go 170km/h on the 407 on ramp and it won't catch you.

Worked in the early days (180+ actually) according to one of the guys who helped to design the system, but not anymore.

Just hop off the bike and walk it backwards down the ramp. Works every time :)

You might want to have another look at the 407 camera gantries. In addition to the cameras aimed at the rear licenses plates, you will also find another camera facing towards the fronts of vehicles approaching the gantry.

I remember someone telling me that guys used to just put a hand over their plate as they went by on their bike. I'm not recommending it, mind you - I don't use the 407, but if I did I'd just pay the toll . . .

When the 407 decides to charge less for bikes, I'll consider paying for it.

Obviously I wouldn't run red lights on purpose but it happens sometimes. I was just more interested in not paying for the 407

If you don't want to pay to use the 407, then don't use it. Simple.

And when you go to vote this week, just remember that it was Tim Hudak and his ilk crafted Mike Harris's "Common Sense Revolution" a few years ago. They sold off the 407 to a foreign company so they could finance a tax reduction for the wealthy people of Ontario. Tolls have since gone from about 3.5cents/km up to about 22 cents/km. If we were going to be fleeced like this, at least it could be going back into our own pockets, rather than lining the pockets of foreign investors. Thanks Mike and Tim! You guys are the best - NOT!

And when you go to vote this week, just remember that it was Tim Hudak and his ilk crafted Mike Harris's "Common Sense Revolution" a few years ago. They sold off the 407 to a foreign company so they could finance a tax reduction for the wealthy people of Ontario. Tolls have since gone from about 3.5cents/km up to about 22 cents/km. If we were going to be fleeced like this, at least it could be going back into our own pockets, rather than lining the pockets of foreign investors. Thanks Mike and Tim! You guys are the best - NOT!

Yes, the obvious option to paying for the 407 is to use 401 or surface streets, rather than committing theft.

And if you want to talk about fleecing then this last government has done a lot more of it, to a lot more people ;)

Oh my, people still attempting this... hahaha

All the money you've saved from not paying photo radar fees can be put towards your 407 bills ;)

Back
Top Bottom