• Welcome to the new GTAM. Have a look around and please post any issues in the Support Forum. Be sure to check out your profile settings to confirm all your settings.

License exchange/transfer to California


Well-known member
Just out of curiosity, anyone who has lived in California, did you have to take the written AND road test both when exchanging a Canadian driver's license?

I did some research online. DMV's website says need to take both for anyone coming from outside the US. But reading people's responses on forums, some claim they only took the written test, others claim both.

Looking for answers from anyone who's gone through the process. Much appreciated!

I don't have any plans to move to California anytime soon. Just curious to know.


Well-known member
Site Supporter
At least a couple GTAM members have made the move. Unfortunately, I can't remember their usernames. One guy made tv shows for a living, he isn't on much anymore but if you can figure out his name and tag him, maybe he can help you out.

Top Bottom