Licence Plate Sticker Refund Challenge | GTAMotorcycle.com

Licence Plate Sticker Refund Challenge

ReSTored

Haven't received my bike and other vehicles refund, but expect it will be in shortly.

IMHO this refund is just a crass election ploy by DOFO

I've decided where this unexpected money will go, Ukraine relief through the Canadian Red Cross.

I'll challenge other GTA members to do the same, they need our support.

I don't understand this desire of people to all of a sudden want to donate money just because they're getting theirs back. I guess it's the same people that donate money from their empty cans/bottles when they return them to the beer store. It's $10 a month, if you can't afford to donate that on a regular basis, I am very concerned about your ability to budget money.

You should receive it soon.

I got mine along along with a few Buds three weeks ago. It was over $1K which tells me I need to reign in my vehicle count.

My wife already donated to the Ukrainian cause so this money went to offset a few challenges like the price of fuel and beer.

I don't understand this desire of people to all of a sudden want to donate money just because they're getting theirs back. I guess it's the same people that donate money from their empty cans/bottles when they return them to the beer store. It's $10 a month, if you can't afford to donate that on a regular basis, I am very concerned about your ability to budget money.
I think it’s more because it’s almost as if it’s ‘found money’ which you would otherwise not have anyway.

To each their own, and whatever floats one’s boat is the way I see it.

Like many on the forum I'd already made a donation and my post is about money dropping into your lap unexpectedly (i.e. unbudgeted if you will) and the needs of the people of Ukraine, who are at the forefront fighting against the expansionary aspirations of Putin. I think we have to continue to support Ukraine to the best of our ability or in 6, 12 or more months the price of beer, gas and other things might well be the least of your worries.

A definate election ploy on Fords part which stinks. The money would have been better spent on bolstering our health system.

I‘m keeping the money. I’ll use it to defray costs of climate change. When they run out of covid to scare us, the next will be climate change fears.

Last edited:
Хорошо, ваше решение. Я предлагаю вам потратить часть денег на уроки русского языка, так как они могут вам понадобиться в будущем.

:eek:

You have issues dude. Quite the exaggeration. My taxes are being sent over there as well as my fellow citizens that volunteered to join the military. I am very happy that my government is helping those that need it around the world, including Ukraine.

Хорошо, ваше решение. Я предлагаю вам потратить часть денег на уроки русского языка, так как они могут вам понадобиться в будущем.

:eek:
Lol

A definate election ploy on Fords part which stinks. The money would have been better spent on bolstering our health system.

I‘m keeping the money. I’ll use it to defray costs of climate change. When they run out of covid to scare us, the next will be climate change fears.
Or just a smart cost-saving measure.

The prior gov't jacked the cost of providing the service, suppressed digitizing, modernizing and upping the convenience/service levels. We all win with the new plan, more convenience, less cost.

If you got substandard, overpriced service from an insurance company or bank and they sent you a refund -- how would you feel and what would you do with the money?

The prior gov't jacked the cost of providing the service, suppressed digitizing, modernizing and upping the convenience/service levels. We all win with the new plan, more convenience, less cost.

If you got substandard, overpriced service from an insurance company or bank and they sent you a refund -- how would you feel and what would you do with the money?

Strong rumours from the insiders every 2 year certification at $500 plus. Government gets all it’s money back.

It only saves money if you eliminate the expense as well as the revenue. It looks like agency SO's will be gone soon so that's some money not spent. You are left with the highly paid crotchety government run SO locations.

Strong rumours from the insiders every 2 year certification at $500 plus. Government gets all it’s money back.
That's in the ball park of what I have been hearing (300+ every two years). That's without the extortion added. I still haven't seen anything remotely official, but far too many people are separately saying the same thing for it not to have been put in play by government.

That's in the ball park of what I have been hearing (300+ every two years). That's without the extortion added. I still haven't seen anything remotely official, but far too many people are separately saying the same thing for it not to have been put in play by government.
If they were smart, they could use the opportunity to institute a road tax. Stop making the citizens of Toronto pay for the commuters.

If they were smart, they could use the opportunity to institute a road tax. Stop making the citizens of Toronto pay for the commuters.
I'll be pretty surprised if douggie doesn't include a mileage component to the fee. Need to stick it the EV's somehow. (Although, if that happens they should ditch the gas tax so ICE aren't billed twice but I won't hold my breath).

Back
Top Bottom