LED Lights | GTAMotorcycle.com

LED Lights

I would probably wait for someone to offer here. Couple beers and some gas money and you will probably get a better job then most dealers for alot cheaper.

If you were near Kitchener I would help you.

What bike shop in the GTA carries a good selection of LED turn signals ?

My wife would like to add some LED lights to her Bike (CBR250). Does anyone know of any shops, preferably in the Durham Region that does this type of stuff?

I think some clarity is required. Are you looking for someone to install this for you? There are several options to buy...install, not so sure.

If you're interested in LED strips, I'd highly recommend www.oznium.com.

They offer great quality lights, low prices, and fast shipping. Oznium would definitely be the way to go!

I think some clarity is required. Are you looking for someone to install this for you? There are several options to buy...install, not so sure.

To add some clarity. She likes the LED accent lighting she has seen on some bikes and yes I am looking for a place that installs them, not electrically inclined. We have not purcahsed anything yet but there looks to lots of options on the web for that.

To add some clarity. She likes the LED accent lighting she has seen on some bikes and yes I am looking for a place that installs them, not electrically inclined. We have not purcahsed anything yet but there looks to lots of options on the web for that.

To be perfectly honest, lets say you bought a kit from kapsco. All you need to do is mount (with included double sided tape) the lights, hide the wires to connect, connect them together in a string, mount the brain, and connect the brain to the battery. All instructions included. Would take you likely a couple hours, but it makes for a good project...

If you're interested in LED strips, I'd highly recommend www.oznium.com.

They offer great quality lights, low prices, and fast shipping. Oznium would definitely be the way to go!

You also know of the Oz? I bought all the gear for my Santa Fe through them. Great guys. I have the 12v Remote control, and LED pods from them for the LED's on my bike.

The install is VERY easy! Just remember the rule "See the light, not the source." You must find a way to hide the lights so that they don't overpower the glow effect you are going for... unless you wanna look like a xmas tree.

http://www.motorcycleledlights.com/ has the same lights as oznium just cheaper and they are plug and play as I think oznium has to be hard wired.
I bought a 12 pc kit and still have the 2 big strips left and my motorcycle glows at night and noticeable during the day :D

We (me and the wife) bit the bullet bought the Kit from Kapsco and did the install ourselves this afternoon. All and all it was a pretty easy install. She was happy with them in the daylight now lets see how they look in the dark!!!!

Nice!! I bought one from Kapsco a few weeks ago.
It's cheaper than Kuryaken or whatever it is, and it's wireless and changes colours with different modes. :p

Since the law states, no flashing lights, what if you're riding with the lights fading different colours slowly? Is that okay?

Simple answer, no. Depending on what colour it fades you could be violating a few different sections of the HTA. Stable colours only on the road, and never red.

Red is ok in the back only and as long as it's not strobing or flashing.

Simple answer, no. Depending on what colour it fades you could be violating a few different sections of the HTA. Stable colours only on the road, and never red.

Smutty, you might want to have a look at HTA 62(2) an (3). You are only allowed a single brake light. (14),(15), and(16) deal with other colours and the restrictions on strobing/flashing. In regards to lighting up void spaces, it's generally discretionary in the officer's part, but even a solid red on any part of the bike can score you a ticket as it's easily mistaken for either an emergency vehicle or brake light.Take the advice or leave it.

Smutty, you might want to have a look at HTA 62(2) an (3). You are only allowed a single brake light. (14),(15), and(16) deal with other colours and the restrictions on strobing/flashing. In regards to lighting up void spaces, it's generally discretionary in the officer's part, but even a solid red on any part of the bike can score you a ticket as it's easily mistaken for either an emergency vehicle or brake light.Take the advice or leave it.

I Looked in that section as well before I put the blue on mine, Personal experience I have driven by several officers and even parked beside one at a red light and he checked out my bike and lept going.
The section is very vague but from I got out of it is you can't have the blue flashing and you can't have any projecting forwards...
i may be wrong but I did mine so that from the front there is none projecting forwards and the blue that radiates onto the ground does not go past the front tire.
If I do get a ticket it will definitely end up in court but so far so good (knock on wood)

100_8064.jpg

100_8034-1.jpg

Aimed down or bouncing off the bike is fine. I've been doing automotive lighting for six years now, and started on the bike this year the day I got her home.From those pics you shouldn't have any issues.

Back
Top Bottom