Guess I'm not just cheap, but also paranoid about who touches my bike lol. That's alright. Being OCD about the bike keeps me alive so I don't mind.
Looks like we found ourselves the new Ted. Good stuffAwan Auto Inc., 17 Munham Gate, Scarborough, (416) 856-2663
Not a moto shop, so perhaps less likely to sell unnecessary parts and repairs? $125 plus tax.
I know two guys who have had their bike certified there in the last week. They left as happy customers. Quick, efficient, no fuss.
Went there based on the previous comments. It's nearby and cheapest I can find. About 1/2 hr wait as it's FIFO. Hassle free, although I am safetying a 2025 bike, so YMMV.Awan Auto Inc., 17 Munham Gate, Scarborough, (416) 856-2663
Not a moto shop, so perhaps less likely to sell unnecessary parts and repairs? $125 plus tax.
I know two guys who have had their bike certified there in the last week. They left as happy customers. Quick, efficient, no fuss.
Its a wind (Deflector/screen) not a "windshield".. maaaan who wrote these ....I was at Pro 6 today asking about safety's.
Things that they said were deal breakers...
-tail tidy
-integrated tail light
-Tinted windscreen
-Non-OEM windscreen without the proper cast markings
Things that were not an issue.
-My full race exhaust with no cat.
I have seen people posting on FB that they have had bikes safetied with both a tail tidy and integrated tail light. That is just hearsay though.

Driveon program requires pics of bike. No more mechanics discretion. If you think it doesn't pass, it probably doesn't pass. If you can cobble together something (think trailer plate bracket),, that lets you pass anywhere.Hi there GTA Hive mind. I need your help.
So... I just bought a beautiful 2003 suzuki SV650s on impulse (damn you marketplace) and I'm wondering if this tail tidy would pass a safety inspection.
IF so, do you have recommendations on who to bring this to that is ok with tail tidies... I'd prefer richmond hill / york region but I've heard good things about fastlane and awan auto in toronto but I don't know what their thoughts are on the tail tidy.
I'd hate to drive down there only to be told that the tail tidy disallows the safety. Everything else I'm fairly confident about.
Thx to all.
Hi there GTA Hive mind. I need your help.
So... I just bought a beautiful 2003 suzuki SV650s on impulse (damn you marketplace) and I'm wondering if this tail tidy would pass a safety inspection.
IF so, do you have recommendations on who to bring this to that is ok with tail tidies... I'd prefer richmond hill / york region but I've heard good things about fastlane and awan auto in toronto but I don't know what their thoughts are on the tail tidy.
I'd hate to drive down there only to be told that the tail tidy disallows the safety. Everything else I'm fairly confident about.
Thx to all.
The requirements haven't changed but the flexibility sure has. Before a mechanic could pass things that were not in compliance with letter of the law and if it came down to it, argue that you changed something after they signed. Now mechanics don't have that out and the vast majority are strictly enforcing letter of the law as they don't want their licenses on the line for something that can be easily fact-checked and proven that they didn't comply.The requirements haven't changed ...
No picture, so questions.
Is the license plate illuminated (white)?
Are the rear turn signals separate (not combined with tail/brake), more than 220mm/9" apart, and operate as they should?
Tail and brake lamps operate as they should? No dark tinted lenses?
License plate is AT the rear and properly visible from the rear, full 180 degrees of view from left to right unobstructed (not jammed up underneath the tail bodywork, not even remotely obstructed in even the slightest manner by any other part of the bike?)
No to any of those is a fail. Yes to all, take the bike to the bike shop of your choice, if they are interested in your business they should be able to answer whether it will pass before you commit money to the transaction.
The "effective mudguard" question remains a question, and the presence or absence of rear and side reflectors remains a question.
N.B. all of the above "should" have been the same situation as they always have. The requirements haven't changed ...
I am not a mechanic but that looks passable. Location isn't terrible. Angle isn't terrible. Lights have some size and distance. It has a plate light.Photo appended.. All lights/ plate illumination work.
Thanks for the comments... I agree, it SHOULD be passable as long as the mechanic isn't ocd about things... I'll provide feedback once completed safetyI am not a mechanic but that looks passable. Location isn't terrible. Angle isn't terrible. Lights have some size and distance. It has a plate light.