Lane splitting | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lane splitting

I don't have reliable internet access for the time being which is why I am not searching. It was at some point posted here, in the past.

Now where in my post did I say that Police Officer's are exempted form the HTA in ALL circumstances? I was responding to a SPECIFIC instance, (Riding a police service bike, side by side). They don't normally ride them during their off duty hours... lol As for the cell phone, yes when work related, however, proving it wasn't work related wouldn't be an easy thing to prove. In order to prove they were talking to their wife, as you used. You would require a search warrant for their phone or phone records, from the provider. NO investigator is going to go to those lengths, unless, the incident, (say they were involved in a collision), involved VERY serious injuries or death. But for a normal fender bender no investigator is going to seek a search warrant, to screw over an officer. Not right, BUT that is just the truth.

Search the HTA all you want (it's online and is searchable)... You won't find a section that states two vehicles cannot occupy the same lane.

They are not exempt from the HTA all the time.. only under certain circumstances. They can't break laws while just out patrolling..
They're only exempt from the distracted driving, cell phones laws.. when the calls are work related... They can't call their wives when they're driving..

ahahah yesterday had the same aprillia pass me as it was filtering on the way to work and on the way back. (and i think it passed me on the way to work earlier this week as well)
we might say cars aren't ready but the more motos do it, the more people will be aware
What colour was it?

I started doing my own thing a few weeks ago, not really splitting of filtering. If I'm the first to a stop light and heading thru, I'll stop between both lanes. Drivers pull up beside me, a lot of them smile and give me the thumbs up. I can safely blast off and choose my track after clearing the intersection.
do they pull up on both sides of u or only adjacent lane?

The mentality here has to change as well as awareness. I was stuck on the 407, accident closed all but one lane right after hwy 27 merges on. Dead stop for 10mins so I filtered through at a reasonable speed, didn't even get out of first gear.
I counted at least 4 tractor trailers or landscaping rigs that saw me coming and deliberately turned the wheels to squeeze into my way.
They arent going anywhere so they dont want anyone else to I guess, but why would you want more vehicles clogging up traffic? I didn't hold anyone up or do any dangerous maneuvers. I got through quickly and you have one less bubble being taken up.

why do drivers do this when a bike is filtering? i see it a lot, specifically, the typical pick-up truck drivers f150 ram etc.

Pick a few:
Nobody here can ride.
Nobody here can drive.
Most multi-vehicle motorcycle accidents are with a left turning vehicle.
Some roads are too narrow.
People here are from all parts of the world and don't all drive/ride the same way.
The lobby group is too small.
It's only a six month non rainy day optional toy for people here.

You've started with the short list.....

"deliberately turned the wheels to squeeze into my way"
I would take it like they were deliberately trying to cause an accident and injury me.

Back
Top Bottom