Ladies Ride to PA - September 8-9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ladies Ride to PA - September 8-9

BeastieGirl

No outlet malls included :)

I'm planning an overnight run to north/central Pennsylvania next weekend and thought it might be fun to see if there is any interest in getting a girls' group going.

This is an area I'm very familiar with and the route I have in mind is a nice mix of twisties and scenic sweepers. The pace will be relaxed (not more than 10 mph above on the sweepers and probably at the speed limit for the more technical roads) - but I am always a proponent of ride your own pace, especially on unfamiliar roads.

You don't need a sport or sport touring bike - you do need at least your M2 and a passport and we will be doing minimal Interstate speed travel. I'm hoping that the weekend after the long weekend will be relatively light for crossing the border.

I'm thinking easy going trip - no 1,000 km days - just an opportunity for other women who have thought about getting into touring, but maybe felt a little intimidated.

If questions or interest - post or pm me. I don't mind going alone - I've gone to Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and points in between by myself :)

No outlet malls?? Damn :( .

I have been wanting to do the PA roads for a while - I have heard they are awesome. Unfortunately I have plans that weekend.

If I wear pink may I come. :)

If I wear pink may I come. :)

Well I really don't have any problems with a mixed gender ride - I'd just like to not always be the sole female rider on an out of town trip :) When I tour other than my solo trips, my regular riding partner is a male friend.

this sounds like great ride , but unfortunately im working next two weekends , so I may not be able to fit anymore trips this year. If you do more trips like this in the future, im in!

this sounds like great ride , but unfortunately im working next two weekends , so I may not be able to fit anymore trips this year. If you do more trips like this in the future, im in!

I guess it is a little short notice. I will be doing several more trips this year - I still have 8 vacation days left and the end of September to mid-October transforms PA and WV from scenic to spectacular.

Update to PM's - I know we are keeping an eye on the weather. For such a short overnight trip, especially cross-border, if the forecast for showers holds up I think the consensus is wait for a better weekend.

And if so, I can also work out a 3-day weekend on relatively short notice, if desired.

If it goes ahead, I'm thinking staging at Tim Hortons on QEW towards Niagara. Take Victoria Street exit, north to North Service Road, right on North Service Road the the Tim's is right on your left. Easy to get on and off highway. And a chance to check border wait times - doesn't really make much difference in crossing at Queenston Lewiston or Peace Bridge in terms of route. I personally prefer Fort Erie, because you don't have to balance your motorcycle on that little shelf while talking to the U.S. border guards :)

As for staging time, I realize that others probably have 45 minutes to an hour longer ride than me. I'm hoping that being the week after the long weekend, the cross-border shoppers will be happy to sit at home, but its really a crapshoot. So I'll toss out 9:00 a.m.?

Accommodations - I'm think Paul's Motel and Citgo - yep it has a gas station too, in Coudersport on Highway 6. It cost me $51.00 for a single, not fancy, but reasonable and right across from a nice eating spot, has fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

Just thought I'd put this into the post - cuz the information works for a rain date too.

Been watching this thread for a few days as I've planned an overnight trip to PA for some time. My plan has always been to head out to the Allegeny mts on 15 Sept returning 16 Sept. New to touring so I figured Wellsboro looked like a good place to overnight. I'm still planning to do the ride come rain or shine. Rather wet than frozen. I realise this is a post for ladies to ride but if you end up doing the trip on 15 Sept and don't mind an older fella tagging along it would save me trying to get the gps mounted to my bars.

Been watching this thread for a few days as I've planned an overnight trip to PA for some time. My plan has always been to head out to the Allegeny mts on 15 Sept returning 16 Sept. New to touring so I figured Wellsboro looked like a good place to overnight. I'm still planning to do the ride come rain or shine. Rather wet than frozen. I realise this is a post for ladies to ride but if you end up doing the trip on 15 Sept and don't mind an older fella tagging along it would save me trying to get the gps mounted to my bars.

Its actually turned into a potential "mixed" ride, if it happens.

Right now the local forecast says "isolated" showers for Saturday and Sunday, and Renovo is scattered thunderstorms for Sunday - which could mean anything.

Oh well - this is now a "no go" for this weekend.

Will look at setting a rain date I can do next weekend, weekend after I have a 3 day ride planned with a friend to destination not yet determined so would have to check with him, weekend after is okay.

I might be going down to PA in the next 2 weeks.
Maybe see you all down there.

I'll keep an eye out for Ontario plates ?

Update to PM's - I know we are keeping an eye on the weather. For such a short overnight trip, especially cross-border, if the forecast for showers holds up I think the consensus is wait for a better weekend.

And if so, I can also work out a 3-day weekend on relatively short notice, if desired.

If it goes ahead, I'm thinking staging at Tim Hortons on QEW towards Niagara. Take Victoria Street exit, north to North Service Road, right on North Service Road the the Tim's is right on your left. Easy to get on and off highway. And a chance to check border wait times - doesn't really make much difference in crossing at Queenston Lewiston or Peace Bridge in terms of route. I personally prefer Fort Erie, because you don't have to balance your motorcycle on that little shelf while talking to the U.S. border guards :)

As for staging time, I realize that others probably have 45 minutes to an hour longer ride than me. I'm hoping that being the week after the long weekend, the cross-border shoppers will be happy to sit at home, but its really a crapshoot. So I'll toss out 9:00 a.m.?

Accommodations - I'm think Paul's Motel and Citgo - yep it has a gas station too, in Coudersport on Highway 6. It cost me $51.00 for a single, not fancy, but reasonable and right across from a nice eating spot, has fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

Just thought I'd put this into the post - cuz the information works for a rain date too.

Re - Rain Date - September 15 - looking good!
I also have the Monday off so could extend route a little, depending on interest. Or just weekend is okay too. Probably doing 3-4 day trip to WV next weekend with a friend

If I'm off I am in:) Let you know as soon as my schedule comes.

I just got back from PA. A few FYI's:

-144 South of Renovo is being repaved. I was stuck behind a Paint truck for about 20mins. Don't know when it will be finished
-Other local roads are in the process of being repaved/repaired.
-I saw signs on 872 mentioning something about the road being "oiled" next week.
-...and either 6 or 46 west of Coudersport had signs mentioning a bicycle race sometime around the 15th.

....otherwise great roads and a great time. Try the Maple tree restaurant in Coudersport for some great cheep food.

I just got back from PA. A few FYI's:

-144 South of Renovo is being repaved. I was stuck behind a Paint truck for about 20mins. Don't know when it will be finished
-Other local roads are in the process of being repaved/repaired.
-I saw signs on 872 mentioning something about the road being "oiled" next week.
-...and either 6 or 46 west of Coudersport had signs mentioning a bicycle race sometime around the 15th.

....otherwise great roads and a great time. Try the Maple tree restaurant in Coudersport for some great cheep food.

Thanks was just reading your post in the forum too - at least the weather sounds great for the weekend - may reroute a bit.

Back
Top Bottom