KW Tasty Tuesdays | GTAMotorcycle.com

KW Tasty Tuesdays

timtune

Site Supporter
After extensive research and a great amount of consultation we've agreed on the following:

A weekly meet, ride and eat event for KW. (if attendance is spotty we can go bi weekly but we'll start off optimistic)
Unlike our brethren to the east we don't have a burger phobia so we're open any kind of fare.
(I'm really hoping a certain @sburns will bring the big shiny white ride out for pizza one day.

We meet Tuesday nights as soon as weather permits (10C no rain).

We'll be meeting at the St Jacobs arena at 5:30 for pre ride tiring kicking and bench racing.

Kick stands up at 6:00 for a ride to the eatery.

Locations will be posted here prior should you need to ride there directly.

Edit: Our first location is tentatively set as Burger Priest. 212 King St. Waterloo followed by:

Crazy Canucks
Manitou Take Out
Camp 31
Lancaster Smokehouse
The Ridge Restaurant
Hemlock Barn
North Shawarma

Last edited:
Well now I have 2 reasons to come out that way, eh @timtune ;)
I'll give you a heads up when I do!

Kind of. The zebra's about another 80kms further east. A mere stone throw for that mile gobbler of yours.

@sburns Sad news went out today and asked a neighbor who was out by the road picking up flyers when was the zebra usually out. He said it died a couple weeks ago.
But if you need a reason to ride St Marys is still a showcase for some fabulous limestone architecture, home to the Junction Station where Thomas Edison is said to have worked as a kid (now the Broken Rail micro brewery) and The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame.
There's also the chance of beer and bench racing if I'm home.

@sburns Sad news went out today and asked a neighbor who was out by the road picking up flyers when was the zebra usually out. He said it died a couple weeks ago.
But if you need a reason to ride St Marys is still a showcase for some fabulous limestone architecture, home to the Junction Station where Thomas Edison is said to have worked as a kid (now the Broken Rail micro brewery) and The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame.
There's also the chance of beer and bench racing if I'm home.
What! No way.....😕 That is too bad.

Well I'm always up for exploring so I will look into those things, thanks
And let you know when I make it out that way. (y)

Great stuff guys. Should be good fun.
There are quite a few good eateries around the KW area… shall we decide on an approximate budget for meals?
The Crowsfoot Smokehaus is good, but is a bit pricey.
Graffiti Market has the closest to proper Chicago Deep Dish Pizza I have found in southern Ontario, but you need to order it a day in advance because it takes so long to make, and is also, expensive due to that ($45ish per pizza).
Morty’s has some of the best chicken wings.
Crazy Canuck has good food overall.
Camp 41 is OK for smoked meat, and is in Paris.
What’s the radius of our planned outings? Something to consider….

I had assumed most of the toronto meets were munching take out in the parking lot while setting out various rides that showed. Are most thinking a sit down dining action? I don't see that it makes a different to me.

Range? Big Evil Doers question is a good one. 30-40 minutes ride?

I had assumed most of the toronto meets were munching take out in the parking lot while setting out various rides that showed. Are most thinking a sit down dining action? I don't see that it makes a different to me.

Range? Big Evil Doers question is a good one. 30-40 minutes ride?

30-45 minute ride seems good.
And I was also assuming we were going to be headed somewhere a little low-key, like parking lot take out or at most a parking lot patio type thing.
I don’t think I’d be up for full on restaurant, sit down style dining.

Just found out Graffiti Market doesn’t do Deep Dish anymore… rats…..
Looking forward to full on riding season!

30-45 minute ride seems good.
And I was also assuming we were going to be headed somewhere a little low-key, like parking lot take out or at most a parking lot patio type thing.
I don’t think I’d be up for full on restaurant, sit down style dining.
The sit down makes it more awkward for those that don't catch the preride and straggle in after you've been seated.

@Evoex You guys dine in or take out?

The sit down makes it more awkward for those that don't catch the preride and straggle in after you've been seated.

@Evoex You guys dine in or take out?
We don’t typically ride anywhere before or after.

But we’ve dined in occasionally in between the restrictions. 90% eat with the bikes and chat though.

I will have to test the gut with fast food before I'm brave enough to make that distance on a bike lol

So far has been good!

Depends on the temps and overall road conditions For me.

Back
Top Bottom