Ktm 1090/1190 owners | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ktm 1090/1190 owners

Anywhere that is not a road around here,
you would be better served by a Honda 90 step-through with full knobby tires and just ride it like you stole it.

(y) strip one down and strap it on the back of your KTM that would be awesome!

All those listed are off the road, not off-road to you is subjective, again, it's not a Trails bike, none of these are. I ride in Ganaraska, and on majority of those trails have no problem taking the T7, I wouldn't take my buddies 990, it's out of my comfort zone. For 2-up, I think the 70hp is more than adequate, for anything actually, esp since you mentioned kids. I would just say the T7 has a plank of a seat and isn't made for 2-up. I use the CB500X for 2 up I have now, and is no issue even touring

Unless you're Chris Birch you're not going to enjoy riding a T7 or a KTM 1090 on "most" of the trails in the Ganaraska that I'm aware of. Hell, my 690 with stock gearing is so far out of it's element on the trails that I loved on my 300 that it's pointless. There are a large number of wider access roads outside the Ganaraska forest site that big dirt oriented adv. bikes can traverse at a fun clip but there's no fun to be had riding one of these in true single track or even the wider W1 trails for that matter.

Fyi they have the new DCT Africa Twin setup on a dyno @ the motorcycle Show.

Was very very cool. Think I've found a winner for next year!

Unless you're Chris Birch you're not going to enjoy riding a T7 or a KTM 1090 on "most" of the trails in the Ganaraska that I'm aware of. Hell, my 690 with stock gearing is so far out of it's element on the trails that I loved on my 300 that it's pointless. There are a large number of wider access roads outside the Ganaraska forest site that big dirt oriented adv. bikes can traverse at a fun clip but there's no fun to be had riding one of these in true single track or even the wider W1 trails for that matter.

Chris Birch floors it. Anyone can ride the T7, or many heavier bikes with decent tires at a slow pace on those trails, these bikes are for the unbeaten path and long journeys with roads and off-road. Maybe no fun riding them on single track for many, however you don't get them to ride that, you use them to get from point A to B, and when you do encounter some single track, they can do it, even if slower

OP is going between these two bikes and looking at 1090/1190 and is smart enough to know the capabilities of each bike and purpose, not looking at a dirt bike vs a Mid size ADV bike

Chris Birch floors it. Anyone can ride the T7, or many heavier bikes with decent tires at a slow pace on those trails, these bikes are for the unbeaten path and long journeys with roads and off-road. Maybe no fun riding them on single track for many, however you don't get them to ride that, you use them to get from point A to B, and when you do encounter some single track, they can do it, even if slower

OP is going between these two bikes and looking at 1090/1190 and is smart enough to know the capabilities of each bike and purpose, not looking at a dirt bike vs a Mid size ADV bike

My point is that in the tight single track trails (that I'm familiar with) in the Ganaraska like E2, it is a serious challenge to ride one of these bikes through with stock gearing even in first gear with a deft clutch hand. They are just too heavy and long to be anything but disappointing and exhausting in such circumstances.

My point is that in the tight single track trails (that I'm familiar with) in the Ganaraska like E2, it is a serious challenge to ride one of these bikes through with stock gearing even in first gear with a deft clutch hand. They are just too heavy and long to be anything but disappointing and exhausting in such circumstances.

Yea for sure! Ganny is good for no more
than 500cc bikes...Adv bikes just go through the forest...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I've decided to remain with two bikes. I just picked up a well farkled klr to beat up in the woods with the adventure group and sell the Versys to buy a second gen fz1 for road work.
I think I'll be happier this way, I have a hard time wanting to run a brand new high value bike through the woods and mud.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
eabbb708a9c88a59d6114f8a69e87733.jpg
214a5c69b2df122b4ba39986f913c3e1.jpg

Looks good!

You should put a bumper on that handlebar cross-bar if you ever plan to ride with open face helmet on her.

You should put a bumper on that handlebar cross-bar if you ever plan to ride with open face helmet on her.

If your face gets that close to the bar, is 1" of foam going to help? That would be a bad day.

If your face gets that close to the bar, is 1" of foam going to help? That would be a bad day.
Trust me it helps immensely.
And you can make one for almost nothing, plus it's a great place to stuff a bunch of zip ties.
pipe wrap foam works, much cheaper then dental or facial reconstruction surgury.

New bars already at home, with cross pad lol. Also and actual skidplate, handguards etc. None of the factory plastic "protection" is staying.

I've decided to remain with two bikes. I just picked up a well farkled klr to beat up in the woods with the adventure group and sell the Versys to buy a second gen fz1 for road work.

Nice looking KLR! I loved my 2nd gen FZ1, with some caveats. Fuel range isn't great, seating position is doable but not the best for touring. Amazing value for what you get though, I sold mine for next to nothing a few years ago.

PS, if you want to do some touring, I have a full Givi hard luggage setup for the FZ1

Nice looking KLR! I loved my 2nd gen FZ1, with some caveats. Fuel range isn't great, seating position is doable but not the best for touring. Amazing value for what you get though, I sold mine for next to nothing a few years ago.

PS, if you want to do some touring, I have a full Givi hard luggage setup for the FZ1
I'll keep that in mind for sure, luggage is always good.

Did you loose your deposit?
That is not settled yet. The dealer is under no obligation to refund my deposit.

That is not settled yet. The dealer is under no obligation to refund my deposit.

Given when you tried to pull out, they should have no trouble moving the bike along to a different rider. I would hope they would at least give you store credit for the deposit amount. That way both parties get something.

Given when you tried to pull out, they should have no trouble moving the bike along to a different rider. I would hope they would at least give you store credit for the deposit amount. That way both parties get something.
They also get to sell it at the new price, not the early deposit price that I would have paid.

Back
Top Bottom