Know of any boots for those 'blessed' in the calf region? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Know of any boots for those 'blessed' in the calf region?

CrazyKell

Site Supporter
I currently have TCX boots, and while they do up just fine, I can't fit my leathers into them.

I end up doing a ghetto duct tape job over the boots!

Anyone have this issue? I'm not sure I could get the boots altered.....so looking for some suggestions of which boots would fit my leathers into them.

I can't be the only one that has this issue!

I have big calves thanks to lots and lots of cycling.

The Alpinestars SupertechR fit me well and i have no issues with getting my leathers inside them.

Get the Dainese Leathers and Axial Race boots I think is the combo... then you go leathers over the boots like Rossi, and look all pro. ;)

Check Alpine Stars out. I had the same issue with Sidi and went to the AS. They're actually too wide for my foot but my leathers and textiles fit inside no problem.

Get the Dainese Leathers and Axial Race boots I think is the combo... then you go leathers over the boots like Rossi, and look all pro. ;)

And then head out on track to remove ANY doubt that I'm like Rossi. LOL

I currently have TCX boots, and while they do up just fine, I can't fit my leathers into them.

I end up doing a ghetto duct tape job over the boots!

Anyone have this issue? I'm not sure I could get the boots altered.....so looking for some suggestions of which boots would fit my leathers into them.

I can't be the only one that has this issue!

For a proper opinion i'd need photos of the calves in question Kell.

Failing that look to the Daytonas. They have a velcro back which can be expanded for those 'blessed' in the calf region.

Daytonas work the best.

2nd Dainese Torque pro outs. I still need help getting my boots zipped up, can't even come close to fitting in any other boots.

Last edited:
For a proper opinion i'd need photos of the calves in question Kell.

Failing that look to the Daytonas. They have a velcro back which can be expanded for those 'blessed' in the calf region.

No one needs to see that! But here's a photo of the ghetto duct tape set up! LOL
trackkell.jpg

It's not the boots - it's the leathers! lol - may be agood excuse to go on a shopping trip. :female:

FYI - I have a nexo suit and the neoprene material in the calf region helps. I'm vertically challenged so any other suit just bunched leather around my ankles. Even one suit I had shortened was a pita to get the boot zips done up.

completely unrelated, but thats a great pic Kell, I see the fairing project turned out well. Hope to see you guys out at GBM next year, I'm all SMP this year.

And then head out on track to remove ANY doubt that I'm like Rossi. LOL
No one needs to see that! But here's a photo of the ghetto duct tape set up! LOL
Well you're both nice people.And Re: The Duct Tape, I thought that was a "Girl Pride" thing, not some ghetto form of keeping your leathers in the boots. :) But now you've let the cat outta the bag.

completely unrelated, but thats a great pic Kell, I see the fairing project turned out well. Hope to see you guys out at GBM next year, I'm all SMP this year.

I'm trying to find an SMP day that works with our schedule but looks like I'm having some issues.

Well you're both nice people.And Re: The Duct Tape, I thought that was a "Girl Pride" thing, not some ghetto form of keeping your leathers in the boots. :) But now you've let the cat outta the bag.

Hahah! Ya Deb had hers taped too. I get a kick out of it but what can you do. I'd rather the duct tape and still get out there. Now to work on some speeeeeeeeed!

I think new boots and rearsets will help with that!

alpinestar smx plus

I have a large calf but these work well for that and is what I am doing.

Also the sidi boots have adjustable calf area. but in both cases we are not talking cheapest boots here.

Boots are one place where i will openly discourage people from buying the cheap stuff.

Cheap leathers or gloves, not the best idea but they'll likely still do the job if you have a get-off. A cheap helmet or cheap boots can result in preventable injuries that stay with you for the rest of your life.

My big calves are always a big problem for me to choose leather and boots. I had Alpinestars SMX Plus but needed to alter zipper at shoe shop... still managed to broke zipper...
This year, I bought Daytona Security Evo3 boots and No more issue. Daytona is very expensive boots but if you keep looking ebay etc, you can find a deal. Since I liked them so much I bought another pair but this time Daytona Sport Evo @ $150(GTAM) and my friend bought them @ $100(+shipping Ebay). Dainese boots are also big calves friendly but lesser quality than Daytona boots. Go to Rider's Choice and try Dainese and Daytona there. In my opinion, Dainese and Daytona are only option for those blessed in the calf region...

Boots are one place where i will openly discourage people from buying the cheap stuff.

Cheap leathers or gloves, not the best idea but they'll likely still do the job if you have a get-off. A cheap helmet or cheap boots can result in preventable injuries that stay with you for the rest of your life.

+1 No joke, ankles injuries dont heal quickly or well. Invest in something with real support, like the Daytonas or Dainese. My first boots were the Sidi's, which quickly became shelf art when someone showed me they can be twisted 180 degrees without much effort.

Sidi Vortice Race. It's what i needed when i was in the same position as you. They are fully adjustable from tiny to even bigger calves than myself.

I still need help getting my boots zipped up
I know you just wanted me to continue to give you the reach around :agave:

Adam had Daytonas on and they seemed really easy to put on and comfy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom