Knock off gear | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Knock off gear

The Chinese reseller websites are flooded with fakes, often priced at 1/20th the real deal. I could see some budding con artists reselling them locally as 'used' and claiming ignorance if called on their crap.

It's one thing to sell a fake Gibson guitar, it'll just be frustrating for the buyer. Selling fake safety gear (and brake discs!) could kill someone, and is a truly awful thing to do...

The $60.00 price tag would have been enough warning for me to pass on that deal.
True, you get what you pay, lesson learnt.

Asian manufacturers will mark whatever you like on goods.

We recently received a container of assemblies from China marked Made in Korea. The factory shipped goods to Korea to show Korean shipping origin, they marked things that way to avoid heavy US tarrifs.

We regularly see Chinese suppliers selling components made with our moulds to our competitors.

They don’t think it’s cheating, they have no toothy intellectual property laws, so unless there is a retailer or broker who can be penalized by the recipients country trade in knockoffs will flourish.
Was in a Madrid shoe boutique a couple of years back (the Minister of Finance & Warfare was buying) and the proprietor would not allow any Chinese with cameras or sketch books in. He said that they would copy his designs, use cheap leather and cardboard to market shoes as "Made in Spain"
More pertinent to Motorcycles, I found that the cheaper crash bars from China had an OD of 22mm, the name-brand Euro crash bars had an OD of 27mm.
You get what you pay for!
(Just like the IT and Call-Centre outsourcing that took away so many of our jobs - that is a rant for another day and another thread)

Just saw some Waterproof gloves on Amazon....Either fakes or used the wrong pics. Pics of Astar GP Pro gloves.

For hunting?? 🤷‍♂️

Also in fareness says for cycling not motorcycling lol

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom