Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 229 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Do you think it'd be a bad idea to get a TTX shock and double duty it on street & track? My concern is that I'll wear it out pre-maturely on the street since it's typically a rougher surface vs track

Do you think it'd be a bad idea to get a TTX shock and double duty it on street & track? My concern is that I'll wear it out pre-maturely on the street since it's typically a rougher surface vs track
It's fine. It should be refreshed at least every season anyway.

For a stock fork, its a fairly straight forward process but requires the right tools. More reputable shops could do it, but if you are going that route I'd suggest disassembling the entire fork, cleaning all of the components, drying them, inspecting the bushings, checking the run out, etc etc. It is a bunch of work and shop rate can add up. Scott is an expert, but you will pay for that knowledge. It is still good value however. He's done both the CBR and R1, but those both have track kits. The VFR I do myself, but its also not a performance vehicle.

Does anyone know of a good shop that deals with fork rebuilds? I just had a fork seal go and I'm not sure if I want to tackle replacing them myself or bringing them to a shop.

Last edited:

My ttx manuel says rebuild every thirty thousand kms on street or twenty hours of track use.

Does the TTX performance get noticeably worse as it approaches or surpasses the 12 hour mark? Is the refresh something that is relatively easy to DIY?

This is not a DIY thing when you rebuilt it, you need special tools and some know how. I've run the race-tech GS-3 rear for 2 years and never really noticed significant degradation, although I'm not usually ridding at 10/10 either.

The GS-3 design is a verbatim copy of the TTX according to Scott btw

This is not a DIY thing when you rebuilt it, you need special tools and some know how. I've run the race-tech GS-3 rear for 2 years and never really noticed significant degradation, although I'm not usually ridding at 10/10 either.

Does the TTX performance get noticeably worse as it approaches or surpasses the 12 hour mark? Is the refresh something that is relatively easy to DIY?

It falls off the face of the earth in terms of performance. For example exiting T3 at Mosport this year the rear started to over power the front under power due to the sudden performance drop. It is not a DIY project.

It falls off the face of the earth in terms of performance. For example exiting T3 at Mosport this year the rear started to over power the front under power due to the sudden performance drop. It is not a DIY project.

Perhaps I will stick to oem for now then, though performance is considerably less, the convenience of not servicing every 12 hours is really quite nice

Suspension and brakes are usually the best upgrades on a bike. I'd work on those before adding power or other bits. The CBR was night and day difference. The R1 I can't say since it came with K-tech, but turns well.

Suspension and brakes are usually the best upgrades on a bike. I'd work on those before adding power or other bits. The CBR was night and day difference. The R1 I can't say since it came with K-tech, but turns well.

Yea, that's what I'm eyeing right now. A RCS 19 and TTX. Power-wise, I'm not going to do anything. The $80 tune I got a while back is more than ok. Pulls very, very well and so far it hasn't blown up :)

Any word on Tuesdays track day at GB? Have enough people signed up to ensure it's a for sure go?

Back
Top Bottom