Kijiji people are evil | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kijiji people are evil

Summer of 2018 I tried to reach a guy about his bike. Spoke to the son let him know I want to see it, no one calls back. Send an email and get a snarky response from dad that he's on vaction, no mention of when he's back or that he'll try to call me. Tried a few more times and then bought something else. The ad is still there - a year and half later with the same price labelled firm.

I actually had a similar experience. Was Selling a Ricoh GRII for a reasonable used market price. Guy meets me at a cafe near my place and I show him all the features and stuff... I probably spent about 30 minutes talking about the camera and showing why I loved it. We left the cafe and walked down the street, he offered me about 30% of my asking price. I just straight up said no, he looked shocked, and as we walked past my door just turned and went home without saying another word.

F*** that guy...

Ouch, Nice camera though...

I Sold a Nikkor 24mm Lens to a guy, had the lens for years, perfect, not a spec or blemish, even took test shots and posted online too see. Met the guy, spent 15-20mins at the cafe, he inspects it with a flashlight and all like a doctor, takes some pics, likes it, buys it. 2 days later sends me a text saying I sold him a "bent, dented and dropped lens", i'm like what?, It was in perfect condition, you tested it, saw it, etc... Calls me a liar, how I have no ethics and so on etc, just blocked the guy. For all I know he dropped it and wanted the money back.

Ugh. Trying to get a snowblower out of my garage for $20. One guy is interested.
Q1: Is it still available?
A1. Yes.
Q2. Where are you located?
fack. I am located close to where I said on kijiji.
I am annoyed with him already. I was contemplating putting it at the curb but I figured why not make an easy $20. I am just waiting for the inevitable "you are far away, can you deliver it to me? I will give you $10 delivered".

woah, $20 snowblower, is it in working condition? lol
Not entirely. It is a Toro S200 from the 70's. I used it for probably the last seven years and it was working in February. I moved north and with the added snow and more area to clear I needed something bigger (now have a Honda from the 80's). It pulls over fine but doesn't feel like starting now. Realistically, if I bother to get it running it is worth ~$50 (although some crazy people are asking hundreds). I figured listing it for $20 was reasonable.

Ugh. Trying to get a snowblower out of my garage for $20. One guy is interested.
Q1: Is it still available?
A1. Yes.
Q2. Where are you located?
fack. I am located close to where I said on kijiji.
I am annoyed with him already. I was contemplating putting it at the curb but I figured why not make an easy $20. I am just waiting for the inevitable "you are far away, can you deliver it to me? I will give you $10 delivered".

No offence, but sometimes one-man's junk is also everybody else's junk.

I get it. I have my father's pine dining room furniture on kijiji. It cost 2k in 1979 but I can't get sweet f+_+ all for it, and I'm even offering to deliver it. In the end I'll probably take it to Habitat for Humanity and donate it.

I get it. I have my father's pine dining room furniture on kijiji. It cost 2k in 1979 but I can't get sweet f+_+ all for it, and I'm even offering to deliver it. In the end I'll probably take it to Habitat for Humanity and donate it.
I dont entirely disagree. If I dont get takers, I will just put it out for the scrappers. I picked it up from the curb, got it running and used it for years. I hoped it could continue life, but it may be time to call it.

I dont entirely disagree. If I dont get takers, I will just put it out for the scrappers. I picked it up from the curb, got it running and used it for years. I hoped it could continue life, but it may be time to call it.

That's great. It sure doesn't owe you anything.

Out here (rural Port Hope) we don't have garbage pick up, so I need to take it to the transfer station. Often someone there will take an item and set it aside as it's still good for somebody.

Noooooooooo...please don't leave your sold ads up on Kijiji. That's gotta be the most frustrating thing ever. When I go looking for something on Kijiji, there's a few things that burn my ass:

- People who just never reply...honestly, REPLY to people. Or if your item is sold, don't just ignore messages...DELETE THE AD! If you forgot to delete it have the decency to at least reply and say "Sorry, it's gone but I forgot to delete the ad". And then delete the F'n ad.
- People who leave sold ads up and reply days or weeks later saying "sold that long ago, sorry". Been there.
- People who haven't actually sold their item but don't reply for days...or weeks (it's happened) later.
- People who haven't sold their item but make it a colossal PITA to actually get together to BUY their item. Honestly? Make some effort.
- People who use ancient/stock photos of their items... I'm looking at you, Jetski guy who posted photos from 2005 when your Jetski was mint, which it very much was not in 2015.

The person who made excuses not to show actually did show up and bought the item I had on Kijiji. Guess, we have to be patient when selling.
Btw. I on the "delete the item if sold" side. Some information I provide is a must. "it's available if the ad is up" "cash only" local sale only"

Sigh, nothing new here but a mild rant of sellers - "bike is mint, but there is no maintenance done, tires are older than dirt, and I still want top dollar". Gone to see a bunch of bikes this week, and every one has the extra surprise that they hide after a few conversations prior to the visit. Anyone selling a clean older valkyrie interstate?
I saw srkcycles.com selling a super clean valkyrie in PA

First guy ghosted. 2nd guy showed up when he said he was going to, gave me the $20 and was gone. I think he was a sparky and wanted a small blower for his backyard/deck/dog area. Sounds like the perfect situation for an electric blower, but meh, what do I care.

The ironic thing is that many people on this thread complaining of lowballers are the same people on this thread:

"F0kker on Kijiji offered me 50% of what I was asking!"
"That bike is *not* worth what he's asking. Counter with 50%!"

Seems "lowballing" is in the eye of the beholder...

OK, I know that I will get different opinions from people.
I will not reply to anyone if the answer to their question is in the ad.
Like what is the mileage on the bike? It's right there in print.
I have been on KIjiji for 12 years and find when I reply to someone, where the answer is right there, I never hear back anyway.
Do you reply if they ask something that is already posted?

Back
Top Bottom