Kijiji people are evil | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kijiji people are evil

I drove to Cambridge to buy a Joe Rocket back pack, paid what was asked. No questions

After months of "what's your best price?" and no shows, I had very polite young man reach out to me and ask a few questions, not one about the price, then asked if he could come see it.

He came, he saw, asked a few more questions then asked to confirm my selling price. I did, he sticks out his hand and says "thank you, I'll take it."

I try to be that person.

I might add a bit of polite negotiation on the price if I feel there may be room to move, but I'm not going to ever insult anybody with a lowball offer, either....and if the price is already good and the seller indicates there's little to no room to move, than I'm good to shake hands at the set price and move forward.

I hate having my time wasted. Likewise, I know others feel the same, and I don't want to waste theirs either.

I'll be posting my bike for sale in the next few months, I always provided the safety, UVIP, etc... and sell them ready to go. If people low ball or ask less, they can get the safety themselves and I'll be taking off a few accessories like the exhaust to sell separately since I have all the original parts.

I've probably made 50 trips to Toronto over the years for car and bike parts and whatever else I find on kijiji I don't need. though I find when I try to sell something, most people from Toronto act like Hamilton is on the other side of the moon and want me to meet halfway/let them know when ill be in Toronto next if I can bring it with me etc etc.

I fell for one guys trick one time he told me he was from Scarborough and wanted me to meet "in the middle" at sherway gardens mall and I obliged. when I got home he messaged me saying a part was missing - I had it at my house and offered to mail it to him - funny his address was right around the corner from sherway gardens :mad:

I've probably made 50 trips to Toronto over the years for car and bike parts and whatever else I find on kijiji I don't need. though I find when I try to sell something, most people from Toronto act like Hamilton is on the other side of the moon and want me to meet halfway/let them know when ill be in Toronto next if I can bring it with me etc etc.

I fell for one guys trick one time he told me he was from Scarborough and wanted me to meet "in the middle" at sherway gardens mall and I obliged. when I got home he messaged me saying a part was missing - I had it at my house and offered to mail it to him - funny his address was right around the corner from sherway gardens :mad:
When selling, I've only ever delivered one thing. If they want it they can come to me. I delivered a sailboat as the seller had sent me a deposit and hadn't seen the boat yet because it was stored two hours away. I brought the boat to him, he looked at it, handed me an envelope and we were off.

New ATA rider ? :cool:
Possibly. He didn't seem to interested in competition. Just wants to play with it. He is very much a new trials rider, so it's perfect for him.

You and I both know that competition events is the best way to play with a competition bike.

I would have couriered it to a pick up location in Scarborough, imagine his face when he got that notification. Would be worth the extra cost just for the karmic payback.

Okay guys sold my old bike on Kijiji this past week, and bought me a new toy. I have some stories to tell from the selling of my old bike. This is exactly the messages I got and my replies to them;

"U still have the kawi?"
"Yes I do"
"ur asking too much another guy is selling one better for $600 less"
"Then buy it from him my friend, why even waste time writing to me?"

"Hi still have kawi?"
"Yes I do"
"im in kingston you are too far way"
"So why even contact me?"

"hey man you still go the bike?"
"Yes I do"
"im going to go see it im coming from mississauga"
"Okay I will wait for you my friend."
**NO SHOW AFTER 4 HRS***

"how much for your bike? still have it?"
"Yes, Im asking $1800 just like the Ad states"
"i give you 1,000. don't know what could be wrong with it"

"hey wass up? still got the bike. wanna see it"
"Come over my friend, I live in Toronto"
"can i come at 11pm? my GF gets off work at 10pm and she wanna come too"

"still got the bike? how much $$ and how many cc?"
"Its in the Ad, $1800 and its 750cc"
"hold it for me i will buy i come saturday to pick it up"
"My friend send me $500 deposit on Western Union and I will hold it for you for the 5 days"
***NO RESPONSE***

"your nuts you want 1800 for the kawi? theres another one just like it same year for only 1,000"
"Buddy go read that ad again "For parts only, engine busted", my bike is running and will pass safety like a breeze. Learn to read dude".

Patience is a virtue.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Well the only reason I was able to sell my bike was because this weekend was cold and cloudy here in Toronto so I had no choice but to stay home, and it paid off. On Sunday a buyer came to look at it and with $1,400 cash on his hands. I sold for $400 under asking but I really needed the space for the new one and did not want to go through another week of Kijiji hell again.

If this weekend would had been sunny and hot I would had been 200 km north of Toronto with my new toy ripping the twisties.

Okay guys sold my old bike on Kijiji this past week, and bought me a new toy. I have some stories to tell from the selling of my old bike. This is exactly the messages I got and my replies to them;
Wow not one 'trade you for my fiero, golf clubs or great BJ'?

What? None of these:

Is it still available?
Yes.
No further response

Same from 5 other people.

Back
Top Bottom