Kid charged for stunting in Costco parking lot in Guelph | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kid charged for stunting in Costco parking lot in Guelph

Could we possibly be hinting at a middle ground? Something more than a slap on the wrist but less than a criminal record?

Not motor vehicle related but a buddy's wife slapped her daughter's boyfriend over something he did / attitude etc. He laid charges but instead of a criminal record for assault friends and family wrote letters saying that she wasn't typically violent and she ended up under a peace bond or something similar for a year or two but no criminal record.

I could go for that concept for the burnouts with civil court for damages. However it doesn't apply to DUI. There are some lines that one doesn't cross.

That at least sounds reasonable. Now would we be pulling them up for winter donuts? I have little faith in the local LEO's using best judgement...

Seriously? A criminal record for a burnout? Kids are kids for God's sake. Should he be made to clean it up? Yes. Pay for repairs if it can't be cleaned? Sure.
But a criminal record for a burnout? Give me a break.
Those of you who support this, I sincerely hope your kids do some "kid stuff" like this. Then your kid can carry a criminal record for life. Still sound reasonable?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

If his record is otherwise clean, he's a candidate for first-time adult diversion programs as an alternate to prosecution and conviction. IF.

Out of curiosity with the Niagara / Porsche charge: A Swedish driver gets a dangerous driving charge in Canada then goes on to drive in the USA. Some interesting legalities or not?

I wondered about the mechanics of that too. My guess is that someone else drove or flatbedded his car from Canada to the US. I doubt that there is a 3-way reciprocity agreement regarding license suspensions between Sweden/Canada/US.

I wondered about the mechanics of that too. My guess is that someone else drove or flatbedded his car from Canada to the US. I doubt that there is a 3-way reciprocity agreement regarding license suspensions between Sweden/Canada/US.

Pay the tourist special like you would down in Tennessee and move on I'd guess

What would you say the cost of that is? Is it realistically accessible to the average 20 year old? With the insurance a youngster faces today; increased fuel cost; increased maintenance cost; I bet not. They're already up against it, why not charge em criminally while we're at it.

Cost varies, $200 to $500 for basic. That does make it realistically available to a 20-year old.

Compare that cost with the costs of towing/insurance deductibles/bodywork repairs/full vehicle replacement, or in the case of this guy, the cost of legal fees and potential adverse post-conviction consequences if he is not eligible for first-offender adult diversion programs?

The schools and even track days with instruction are cheap by comparison, and you can actually learn something about car control. At many you'll even get a lunch out of it.

Funny enough, a customer of mine with a V12 twin turbo SL600 left in a blaze not so long ago (maybe 2 months)... Marks have since disappeared. I doubt boy racers Honda did much worse.

So you're ok with it. Post your address so people can avoid having to deface CostCo parking lots.

That at least sounds reasonable. Now would we be pulling them up for winter donuts? I have little faith in the local LEO's using best judgement...

Unless there is a collision and if done with caution as a learning experience not a competition winter donuts don't leave scars so it's more like a trespassing issue. You walked on my lawn. You used my driveway to make a U-turn.

Before laws were invented we used common sense and we all know where that path is leading.

Unless there is a collision and if done with caution as a learning experience not a competition winter donuts don't leave scars so it's more like a trespassing issue. You walked on my lawn. You used my driveway to make a U-turn.

Before laws were invented we used common sense and we all know where that path is leading.

But seriously, do people really feel justified for getting all bent outta shape over such things? It's kinda sad

So you're ok with it. Post your address so people can avoid having to deface CostCo parking lots.

Post yours haha.. and your Facebook pls

Edit: besides, my lots not big enough to have any real fun ;)

If his record is otherwise clean, he's a candidate for first-time adult diversion programs as an alternate to prosecution and conviction. IF.

This is good + the added bonus of shot across the bow of dooshbag community. I hope this makes as much sense online as it does in my head.

Anyone have any pics of the damage?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

No intent to blanket everything.. I was simply implying that knowing the potential consequences, should you still risk it? I personally think every new driver should go to an empty parking lot and break loose; when it happens on the street, knowing what it feels like will be beneficial for all. Better drivers = less accidents, no? Flip side, people such as griff would rather you didn't because some guy lost his dog in anytown USA engaging in a similar activity. People like griff also tend to be the type your local law enforcement agency seem to hire these days... I'd tread carefully if I were you; try not to leave any marks

It really depends on the "risk" that I'm taking. I also agree that a new driver should experience loss of traction.

When sliding around in the snow, you can apply the "... when it happens on the street, knowing what it feels like will be beneficial for all" statement as traction is obviously pretty limited when driving in snow.
When doing so, leave nothing but snow tracks behind and you won't have any issue.

Drifting on dry ground and doing burnouts while ripping up painted lines in someone elses lot is a completely different story.
1. You make excessive noise while doing so
2. You're damaging something someone had to pay for and will likely have to pay out of pocket again
3. At what point would someone ever lose traction like that on the street without doing so intentionally?

That being said, I still think it shouldn't warrant a "Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle charge", rather a trespassing or vandalism charge.

It really depends on the "risk" that I'm taking. I also agree that a new driver should experience loss of traction.

When sliding around in the snow, you can apply the "... when it happens on the street, knowing what it feels like will be beneficial for all" statement as traction is obviously pretty limited when driving in snow.
When doing so, leave nothing but snow tracks behind and you won't have any issue.

Drifting on dry ground and doing burnouts while ripping up painted lines in someone elses lot is a completely different story.
1. You make excessive noise while doing so
2. You're damaging something someone had to pay for and will likely have to pay out of pocket again
3. At what point would someone ever lose traction like that on the street without doing so intentionally?

Again, not the points I was arguing when I responded to you. I was merely questioning the logic behind leaving yourself open to charges by even thinking about playing around in a parking lot, snow or not. Does that make sense? Like do you really have that much faith in the leo to be understanding because there was no damage? To much to gain professionally by laying the charge for many; particularly those looking to move forward in their career. That's all I'm saying.... As a quick example; say you're travelling at 103 in an 80 as many many people do, but for some reason you miss the 50 begins sign and get pulled up. Now you're a street racer, and I bet the odds of that charge being applied in said situation are high enough to make me uncomfortable with it.. Same goes for drifting through the snow. Best to go pay a professional to teach you; one who likely practiced over many years in many parking lots funnily enough

Bad news: I'm officially confused.
Good news: it took 112 posts this time.
Neil, are you defending the kid or agreeing that he shouldn't have been doing what he did?
As well, curious to your honest first thoughts when the v12 peeled away.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Again, not the points I was arguing when I responded to you. I was merely questioning the logic behind leaving yourself open to charges by even thinking about playing around in a parking lot, snow or not. Does that make sense? Like do you really have that much faith in the leo to be understanding because there was no damage?

You open yourself to charges the moment you don't signal out of your driveway.

As for the LEO being more understanding for drifting in the snow with no damage vs screeching all over the place while damaging property, yeah, I think they'd be a bit more understanding than the latter.

Anyone I know that has been "caught" by cops drifting in the snow in an empty parking lot were just asked to leave.

To much to gain professionally by laying the charge for many; particularly those looking to move forward in their career. That's all I'm saying....

Who's gaining from the charge professionally? The cops?

As a quick example; say you're travelling at 103 in an 80 as many many people do, but for some reason you miss the 50 begins sign and get pulled up. Now you're a street racer, and I bet the odds of that charge being applied in said situation are high enough to make me uncomfortable with it.. Same goes for drifting through the snow.

This would be a good reminder to always watch for signs...? Thought we were talking about a private lot, and are we talking about drifting through the snow on the street now?

Best to go pay a professional to teach you; one who likely practiced over many years in many parking lots funnily enough

I thought you were on the side of practicing in private parking lots, now it's "go find a pro to teach you"?... Though I agree would be the "safest" option.

Last edited:
Does it seem like everybody only gets 80% of the post they're replying to? I would include myself in this unenviable grouping.

Last edited:
Bad news: I'm officially confused.
Good news: it took 112 posts this time.
Neil, are you defending the kid or agreeing that he shouldn't have been doing what he did?
As well, curious to your honest first thoughts when the v12 peeled away.

I wasn't there.. If it was 20mins of over the top smoke show, I can get behind making the kid repaint the lines; if it was a few minutes of fun and he just happened to be unfortunate enough to have a cop drive by, not so ok with punishment... either way, criminal charges I won't get behind.

As for the V12, first thought, cool (with eye roll) then a little chuckle.. but like I've said over and over, whatev'... brought a smile to his 70 year old face and the **** washed away, so whats the biggie.

Who's gaining from the charge professionally? The cops?
You do know they get performance bonus' right? What do you think the measure of performance is?

I thought you were on the side of practicing in private parking lots, now it's "go find a pro to teach you"?... Though I agree would be the "safest" option.

You're sarcasm meter is broken. See driving school post re: griff2

Here's another thing to consider. Which I don't agree with, obviously. If a cop sees you doing something and you carry all the hallmarks of somebody who would do such a thing then it's probably not the first or last time you've ever done such a thing. In the interest of nipping things in the bud a cop may be inclined to overcharge in the interest of social engineering. Just saying. I know for a fact that a quiet fully farkled adv bike adds about 15-20km/hr to your speed window.

Here's another thing to consider. Which I don't agree with, obviously. If a cop sees you doing something and you carry all the hallmarks of somebody who would do such a thing then it's probably not the first or last time you've ever done such a thing. In the interest of nipping things in the bud a cop may be inclined to overcharge in the interest of social engineering. Just saying. I know for a fact that a quiet fully farkled adv bike adds about 15-20km/hr to your speed window.

Totally. So where do we stop? Having a micro chip planted on you should decrease your likely hood of customs troubles (and that's just the jump off point for that form of social engineering). You think you'll be cool with that? I won't

Back
Top Bottom