Kid charged for stunting in Costco parking lot in Guelph | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kid charged for stunting in Costco parking lot in Guelph

Garbage truck pulls into my drive and does his U-turn every week.. leaves giant black marks on my nice concrete.

I drive an 18 wheeler. Let me come with just my tractor and do a burn out with my 4 sets of drive duals (since that is what we're talking about, spinning and sliding tires on asphalt, not just some lateral tire scrubbing as you describe) and see how quick those wash away.

There's a big difference between some tire scrub while negotiating a tight turn and doing smokey donuts.

I drive an 18 wheeler. Let me come with just my tractor and do a burn out with my 4 sets of drive duals (since that is what we're talking about, spinning and sliding tires on asphalt, not just some lateral tire scrubbing as you describe) and see how quick those wash away.

There's a big difference between some tire scrub while negotiating a tight turn and doing smokey donuts.

Was this kid driving an 18 wheeler.. I'm confused :confused:

That's where I'm coming from. Humourless people will knuckle us under because a small minority can't control themselves. I don't want dooshes ruining it for me. I don't like that they're ****ing in my end of the pool and then swimming away. I'll be out.

I won't disagree.. there are those that go to far. Maybe we could just post their books of face and shame them to our hearts content.. oh wait, we already do that on top of the criminal charge... I'll have to think on this

No intent to blanket everything.. I was simply implying that knowing the potential consequences, should you still risk it? I personally think every new driver should go to an empty parking lot and break loose; when it happens on the street, knowing what it feels like will be beneficial for all. Better drivers = less accidents, no? Flip side, people such as griff would rather you didn't because some guy lost his dog in anytown USA engaging in a similar activity. People like griff also tend to be the type your local law enforcement agency seem to hire these days... I'd tread carefully if I were you; try not to leave any marks

No, I think that such "training" should be done in a controlled environment with qualified advanced driving control instructors, such as the Skid Control School in Oakville, or the many advanced driving schools operating at both of the Mosport tracks.

It certainly should not be done on private property without the property owner's permission, like the idiot in Guelph was doing.

and 5 links from across the continent to "prove" the dangers wasn't? hrrmm

It took about a minute to find and two-finger type the five. How many more would you like?

Regardless, why don't you offer up your shop's property for those who want to hone their "skills"?

Why couldn't the cop just lecture the rascal? Maybe call his dad at home. Get him off the couch or mama. It takes a village to raise a kid. I wish it was the 1960's again. When they catch you DUI then tell you "go straight home take it easy". That worked pretty good. Drunk driving was pretty much eradicated after that. These draconian speeding/stunting/dickin around HTA restrictions are too heavy handed. Young people need a hand up or on the shoulder. Here son, we're going to fine you $6 with 4 yrs to pay. Think of it the the cost of speeding, not a punishment. If you loop your bike what are the chances of anybody catching it in the face? I mean statistically?

??? That didn't seem to work with Marco Muzzo. Wasn't he sent home to mama a few times?

It isn't the 60's. If a kid acts up today the parents don't add to the punishment they defend the poor judgement of their offspring.

Seriously? A criminal record for a burnout? Kids are kids for God's sake. Should he be made to clean it up? Yes. Pay for repairs if it can't be cleaned? Sure.
But a criminal record for a burnout? Give me a break.
Those of you who support this, I sincerely hope your kids do some "kid stuff" like this. Then your kid can carry a criminal record for life. Still sound reasonable?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Slow speed scrub marks don't last long but burnouts on asphalt do. The temperature affects the surface of the asphalt and it stays for along time.

Another problem is that crap attracts crap. One kid does burnouts and leaves marks. Then some other over privileged punks sees the marks and the light bulb goes on, "Hey I can come here and do it too."

Why do so many people think they have the right to deface someone else's property? What if I come along with some permanent markers and practice making perfect freehand circles on someone's car or their bike tank? The marks will have no affect on the operation of the vehicle.

Last edited:
??? That didn't seem to work with Marco Muzzo. Wasn't he sent home to mama a few times?

It isn't the 60's. If a kid acts up today the parents don't add to the punishment they defend the poor judgement of their offspring.

You're interpretation of my post is about as cunning as the fixing a bike in the middle lane of 401 post and about as on point as transitioning from pavement to gravel. What's happened buddy? You used to be so sharp.

Seriously? A criminal record for a burnout? Kids are kids for God's sake. Should he be made to clean it up? Yes. Pay for repairs if it can't be cleaned? Sure.
But a criminal record for a burnout? Give me a break.
Those of you who support this, I sincerely hope your kids do some "kid stuff" like this. Then your kid can carry a criminal record for life. Still sound reasonable?

KIDS leave brake marks by slamming on the brakes of their CCM, not from an overpower motor vehicle capable of killing.

If you are in control of an adult vehicle accept adult punishment for acting like an immature brat.

You're interpretation of my post is about as cunning as the fixing a bike in the middle lane of 401 post and about as on point as transitioning from pavement to gravel. What's happened buddy? You used to be so sharp.

Maybe I misunderstood your post and I apologize if I did. It sounded like you were condoning DUI.

KIDS leave brake marks by slamming on the brakes of their CCM, not from an overpower motor vehicle capable of killing.

If you are in control of an adult vehicle accept adult punishment for acting like an immature brat.
OK so "immature brat" equals criminal record. This interferes with employment, travel, etc.
Yep, punishment seems to fit the "crime".
The world is being ruined by uptight people who want to bubble wrap everything and only want to see black and white.
"Overpower motor vehicle capable of killing". Lmao! Fear mongering much?

Yeah, drifting in public access areas is perfectly safe and nothing to worry about.

Car crashes into building after teen driver does 'doughnuts' in parking lot http://www.abbynews.com/news/378669321.html

Police: Teen flips car while doing 'doughnuts' http://www.kcci.com/news/police-teen-flips-car-while-doing-doughnuts/28330226

Dog ejected from car as driver spins donuts causing crash, police say http://www.channel3000.com/news/Dog...pins-donuts-causing-crash-police-say/39631358

Teen doing 'doughnuts' in parking lot strikes girl http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...x-pedestrian-hurt-st-0914-20150913-story.html

Pickerington priest dragged by car; teens charged with felonies http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/02/23/Pickerington-priest-dragged-by-teens.html

High school football player critically injured in parking lot rollover http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11744413

Out of curiosity with the Niagara / Porsche charge: A Swedish driver gets a dangerous driving charge in Canada then goes on to drive in the USA. Some interesting legalities or not?

Maybe I misunderstood your post and I apologize if I did. It sounded like you were condoning DUI.

No apology required. I was being sarcastic, it doesn't always work. You takes your chances.

I guess I'm kind of lost, I agree he was overcharged. That's a direct result of the hypersensitive climate we live in today. Everybody has to honestly look at their own contribution to that. I think some people want vengence for the dooshery they're put thru everyday. Right or wrong cops have the power to deliver that. I wouldn't belittle the loss of quality of life these actions put people thru. Why should the owner of the private property have to devote even one second and one ounce of energy to this? Charging the kid doesn't help the owner. Restitution still means he has to deal with it. He is an unwilling participant. When 2 typical Harleys come or go at murdercentral hundreds of people are held hostage for many minutes. Try to calculate that suffering. A massive fine for these Harleys wouldn't be enough imho but boy oh boy would that raise a chorus of "unfairness" and court battles. The burnouts, noise, speeding is all same **** different pile. That the late night 200km/h guy gets swept up in this is unfortunate but the vast majority of people who don't do that are in no mood to extend courtesy. Yes, there needs to be perspective but it goes both ways.

Could we possibly be hinting at a middle ground? Something more than a slap on the wrist but less than a criminal record?

Not motor vehicle related but a buddy's wife slapped her daughter's boyfriend over something he did / attitude etc. He laid charges but instead of a criminal record for assault friends and family wrote letters saying that she wasn't typically violent and she ended up under a peace bond or something similar for a year or two but no criminal record.

I could go for that concept for the burnouts with civil court for damages. However it doesn't apply to DUI. There are some lines that one doesn't cross.

Could we possibly be hinting at a middle ground? Something more than a slap on the wrist but less than a criminal record?

Not motor vehicle related but a buddy's wife slapped her daughter's boyfriend over something he did / attitude etc. He laid charges but instead of a criminal record for assault friends and family wrote letters saying that she wasn't typically violent and she ended up under a peace bond or something similar for a year or two but no criminal record.

I could go for that concept for the burnouts with civil court for damages. However it doesn't apply to DUI. There are some lines that one doesn't cross.

Sounds like an episode for Jerry Springer. Unless it was one heck of a life altering slap, then we'd have to go with Dr. Phil. Why do people get police involved in their personal lives? If a peace bond fixed the problem then it wasn't a problem that couldn't be sorted with out the law involved. Pathetic culture we have these days imho.

Wait...a girl's boyfriend gets a smack from her mom and he presses charges? Wtf?

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is just horseplay or vandalism. Should it be criminal? Not sure. But I stand by my thinking if if he wasn't doing it, he wouldn't have been charged with anything. Good thing I never owned anything capable of burnouts/ donuts.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

No, I think that such "training" should be done in a controlled environment with qualified advanced driving control instructors, such as the Skid Control School in Oakville, or the many advanced driving schools operating at both of the Mosport tracks.

What would you say the cost of that is? Is it realistically accessible to the average 20 year old? With the insurance a youngster faces today; increased fuel cost; increased maintenance cost; I bet not. They're already up against it, why not charge em criminally while we're at it.

why don't you offer up your shop's property for those who want to hone their "skills"?

Funny enough, a customer of mine with a V12 twin turbo SL600 left in a blaze not so long ago (maybe 2 months)... Marks have since disappeared. I doubt boy racers Honda did much worse.

Ah yes, when argument can't be won, change topic.

From someone who uses the term apples to oranges on the reg... Your truck does not = sports car... Just thought it was a bit ridiculus for comparison purpose.. Anyway... Someone should do a before and after and see exactly how long it takes for this "damage" to wash away ;)

Back
Top Bottom