Kennedy Commons no longer a hangout? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kennedy Commons no longer a hangout?

JFD

I had heard the other day from a friend that he went over to KC to do the timmy’s hang thing, and he was stopped by a cop who noted property management didn’t want hanging on the property anymore. And that if he wanted to simply have a coffee, he has to drink it inside.

I’ve been involved in car clubs for a while and one thing we do if we have a parkinglot meet is that we keep it clean. IE inform our members that they should be picking up their crap, and if anything, we’re there with garbage bags to pickup the stuff in our ‘area’ ourselves.

I’m figuring that property management has been cleaning stuff up from the lot longer than they normally do due to the meets and have probably had it.

BUT I saw pics of friends having a meet the other night at KC…

So question remains…still a hangout or not? Anyone getting hassles for just chilling with a coffee in the lot?

I had heard the other day from a friend that he went over to KC to do the timmy’s hang thing, and he was stopped by a cop who noted property management didn’t want hanging on the property anymore. And that if he wanted to simply have a coffee, he has to drink it inside.

I’ve been involved in car clubs for a while and one thing we do if we have a parkinglot meet is that we keep it clean. IE inform our members that they should be picking up their crap, and if anything, we’re there with garbage bags to pickup the stuff in our ‘area’ ourselves.

I’m figuring that property management has been cleaning stuff up from the lot longer than they normally do due to the meets and have probably had it.

So question remains…still a hangout or not? Anyone getting hassles for just chilling with a coffee in the lot?

Just try back in a few weeks. Just say you want to smoke while you drink a coffee. If they say anything report it to the owner/manager of the timmies say "why should I come to your place to drink coffee when I'm not being allowed to"

I was actually planning on rolling down there tonight on the bike.. but the rain kept me home.. Haven't been there for a bit but from what I heard its been kicking busy every wednesday all summer so far...

I know of a coworker who gets off around 11pm. one time he stopped there to have a coffee, and was hassle for loitering. Honestly from my experience police aren't your friends. They are only there to serve the law, nothing more.

I just met with a whole bunch of riders Tuesday night there.. some people coming from a ride, others just on a quick stop. Met with some guys and went up to Woodbine/16th. Earlier tonight (Wednesday) there were lots of car meets but because of the severe rain lots of people left / no bikes showed, we all caged it out and here's hoping for a better Wednesday next week...

I go there all the time because i live down the street, and ive never once been bothered, and i alwasy see riders there

Nice to see that the police have time to secure a Timmies parking lot.

Maybe they could take the odd stroll through Glamorgan across the street and bust up a few real crimes.

It seems that the holes in the donuts have gone to the cops' heads.

Back in the 1960s Toronto's cops were genuine jackasses.
It seems that the times change but the cops never do.

Back
Top Bottom