Kahuna powersports - never again. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kahuna powersports - never again.

why are you sorry for being right?

i do not understand why deceptive sales practices are so commonly accepted in the retail motorcycle community. what Rob did and what happened to draco would not fly in any other professional field, such as medicine, law, pharmacy, banking, real estate, etc. (even dry cleaning) so why are people so willing to excuse motorcycle retailers/shops of any comparable accountability??

Not everyone gets shafted by a place. Some people get good treatment and they'll praise the place/come to it's rescue cuz they have nothing better to do and it's the interwebz. Looking at the facts with a shade of gray is impossible for people. Easy to manipulate anything to suit their pathetic fallacy.

I need to have something checked on my bike (under warranty) but I think I'll probably take my bike to someone like Ted (Rosey Toes) who seems to have an excellent repuatation from this site.

Not sure how it works with kawi, but for Honda I remember they insist you get all warranty work done at a Honda dealership. Maybe go to another kawi dealership? Again, I'm not sure so just make sure before you get the work done.

My bike is still NOT ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All they had to do was install a relay and raise the bike back up (parts for which they already had). 12 Days so far and counting.

I wish I never bought a bike. I never received service like this for anything before in my life. Bunch of effing bums and greaseball sheisters.

RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!

I'm paying for a bike to sit in a garage on top of all the other bs they handed down. Unreal.
Every day I want to jump on my bike and go for a ride Oh wait no...that's right, I bought my bike from Kahuna.
My bike has spent more time in their garage then it did in MY garage. Brand new bike, brand new rider. F this.

Last edited:
I recommend going to Edge in Bradford.
Great guys, straight shooters and honest.
I ask questions and I get all of the pros and cons up front.
Trust me, it's worth your time to go check them out.

Sorry to hear, Draco. that sucks...big.

have you tried complaining Kahuna management? to Kawasaki Canada?

Suspension does not have to be crap on a car/truck/bike when done properly. Also, common sense to one person is not as 'common' to the next.

It was up to the professionals at Kahuna to advise you properly and they didn't. This is bad customer service.

when lowerin a car or bike suspensions are more than crapp.. i had my bike lowered and i aslo have my car lowered.. bike wasnt all that bad but car... i even hate it myself now u feel every little thing u go over everything!!!!!!they are to stiff it has to be that way to prevent from breaking stuff like this guy did with his fender...

Couldn't agree more with busabob on the first page. OP's situation reminded me of Murphy's Law.

monkey know which limb to jump on.

Update.

Got the bike today...finally. Electrical still a problem. My turn signals don't work. I didn't have time/patience to even deal with it...just wanted out of there.

Final verdict:

Rui @ Service. A1, top notch kinda guy. Can't say a bad thing about him, he was super patient in listening to me bit*ch and play back and forth between the powers that be over there. He can't over-ride the boss, but the customer service he gave was the only thing that saved my sanity.

Tony the service manager/co-owner. He probably wished I would just go away. Disappointing that he didn't step up to the plate to right the wrong.

Rod the salesman. Nice guy, admitted he should have known better, gave bad advice, apologized but said his hands are tied. What are you gonna do? At least he apologized, which in my books goes a long way. It takes a man to say he effed up.

I have nothing personal against any of them, but they shouldn't be treating people like this. I had an awful experience, went without a bike for 2 weeks, paid $500, my turn signals are still not working. But whatever. At least it's over, I'll take my bike somewhere else to get the turn signals looked at. At least I can ride once again.

Good to hear! Take it to markham outdoor power. They'll fix it properly and give you proper advice. Rus from service is good to deal with and he knows his ****.

They service all Japanese bikes.

Good luck with the repairs!

Wow. I can't believe you had to pay the full $500. I would've kept my $500 taken the bike, thrown in through their front store window and called insurance to claim the bike stolen... used that $500 for my deductible. lol.

Seriously though, it must be the full responsiblity of the seller to inform the buyer of any possible remefications. If I hire a builder to build me a house and I ask "Can we" or "Should we" do something that is against the builders code, guess what, it's unsafe and he shouldn't do it. That's why you hire an expert. If I ask him to do something and he does it and the house collapses, who do you think is liable for the damage? The shop should have chewed up the full cost of this mistake and be thankful that nobody was harmed.

Kahuna has lost my business.

No matter how professional or 'done right' it is, by lowering any vehicle it changes the steering dynamics and how the vehicle handles, the ride is usually much bouncier, or rougher...QUOTE]

Comparing lowered bikes and lowered cars is comparing apples and oranges. People lower bike and cars for compeltely different reasons with completely different consequences/results.

'Done right' = Rougher? Yes. NVH is a byproduct of improving any car's mushy OEM suspension, everytime.

'Done right' = Bouncier? NEVER. <- this is the epitome of 'Done wrong' as far as lowered cars go.

Re: Short people and Motorcycles
I have been riding since 1975.
In 1982 my then girlfriend traded in her Yamaha 600cc (four cylinder) for a new 1983 750 Interceptor.
She was a lovely woman and I miss her to this day...
But she was also 5'10", broad-shouldered and strong.
Now, if you are 5'2", out of shape and weak, or fat or whatever - you can't ride sport motorcycles; it's just common knowledge.
(Isn't this why God created cruisers...?)
Common-sense has prevailed for what, 35 years now - but recently everyone wants to lower their sportbikes!
Guys, the manufacturers spend millions of dollars getting those seat heights just about as low as they can be, already.
The marketplace is extremely competitive.
You think you can improve things with $100 bucks and a homemade suspension linkage?
It might be lower, but it's never going to be an improvement...
I think this whole culture of 'lower your bike, it's better' is just wrong! Don't do it. :mad:
My $0.02,
L8R

Wow draco, I feel you on that man

I brought my bike in for a safety check and told me i needed a new handle bar and break lever. Cool , ill let you guys get the parts and install it for me. Told me the handle bar was on backorder for a week.

I brought the bike in on April 1st. Its now April 14th and i still havent gotten **** done to it at all!!

On top of that , they said it would be around 2 hours of labor to fix my bike. HELL no it wont! Anyone could tell u a brake lever could be replaced in 2 mins and it DOESNT take 1 hour and 58 minutes to install a new handle bar!

Im a new rider and thought this place could be reliable.
I still havent gotten my bike back, but when i do, they just lost a whole circle of customers forever.

What a scam these guys are!!

On top of that , they said it would be around 2 hours of labor to fix my bike. HELL no it wont! Anyone could tell u a brake lever could be replaced in 2 mins and it DOESNT take 1 hour and 58 minutes to install a new handle bar!

You're totally sure they didn't find and fix something else? Two hours to replace a handlebar is a bit crazy.

Yea there was absolutleyy nothing else

You dont even have to take off my fairings to get to the handle bar! 30 Minute job MAX!

These guys are money gobblers, HONESTLY

I almost bought a bike from Kahuna and I can confirm they have terrible customer service. 1 rep will promise something, then never do it, then take no responsibility for it, then their boss won't step in to rectify, also take no responsibility then let you walk away as a customer.

They fouled up so much with my purchase, from promising me a free M1 voucher for the course $400 in value, nor ordering the parts to be ready with the bike as I ordered, not including those parts in the finance agreement as I instructed, not getting the finance paper work correct and forcing me to return 2 more times to sign paper work they forgot, to actually playing little games and insulting and publicly embarrassing other members of staff for their own amusement. The place is run like a frat house.

On the day, my bike was 6 weeks delayed, didn't have any of the aftermarket parts I ordered, I already absorbed the cost of the course before hand so was out $400 from what they promised me. Then they asked me for another $700 to have my bike ready and another 2 weeks for the parts. I told them to absorb the costs and have my bike in 2 days or I'm walking. I didn't have $700 extra cash for the aftermarket parts that we agreed on, which they bungled. They told me they had the best price around and that I couldn't find a better deal and basically they didn't care if they lost my custom.

I walked, cancelled the finance, and in 1 week had the same bike in the colour I wanted for less money and with a 3 year warranty which Kahuna wanted more money for. Vonn Cycle helped me out and hooked me up with Jack and Jill's up in Midland. All was sorted out over the phone and only 1 day was required to sign papers and pick up the bike...not a single damn problem...and Vonn Cycle helped find me the bike for no reward of their own....just a great group of guys up there!

There isn't a single person I like in Kahuna except for the receptionist at the time (the victim of their pranks) and the stunting accessories girl...she was nice but ultimately helpless to fix anything.

PS they wanted to charge $370 for a tail tidy / fender illiminator. The part is $70!!! They wanted $300 to install it!!!! I ordered the part myself and installed it (slowly) in 2 hours!!!

Those guys are con artists!

Last edited:
I can just about promise that Kawasaki Canada would advise 100% against lowering any of their products.....whether a professional mechanic or the buyer, they wouldn't care.

I am very short, and very short legged, even compared to otthers my height.
I have owned nothing but sportbikes for 20 yrs now, some very big ones too (600+ lbs of 1988 Hurricane 1000 when I was 21.)
My ZX7 was a tippy toe on one foot affair, but I never wanted to mess with the geometry that someone with way more smarts than me, engineered for safety and performance.
I am now riding a KTM with a34.5" seat height. Tippy toeone foot, the other dangling in the air,LOL

Back
Top Bottom