Justin Time | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Justin Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "poll" you're talking about was done by the formerly Toronto Star owned Angus Reid Institute. They're basically a Liberal support organization that always polls to plug Party policy. Just like Nick Nanos. How fast do you have to be to do a poll while the police are still looking for bodies after a mass shooting? This was political agenda pushing at its worst and most tasteless.

We also have polls saying Canadians want serious curbs on immigration. How quickly are the Liberals to react to that? It's not government by poll in this country. Democracies are all about individual rights, it's not dictatorship by majority. If it was, motorcycles wouldn't be legal.

If you feel the polls on the assault weapons ban are wrong, feel free to post a contrarian poll that backs up the opposite then.

The polls on immigration? Fair argument, however when more than half of the 60% who want to curb immigration say it's because they feel "threatened as white Canadians", it becomes evident it's not completely about perceived economic downsides (to the contrary, businesses WANT increased immigration to fulfil their needs) but a lot about "old stock Canadians" just not liking the gene pool being muddied by "them folk".

I'm not disagreeing with you that immigration levels should be adjusted and many loopholes and allowances closed, but again, just stating facts. If you discount the "we don't like those brown people who dress funny" crowd from those stats, well, those percentages are significantly lower than what the overall picture may lead you to believe.

If you feel the polls on the assault weapons ban are wrong, feel free to post a contrarian poll that backs up the opposite then.

The polls on immigration? Fair argument, however when more than half of the 60% who want to curb immigration say it's because they feel "threatened as white Canadians", it becomes evident it's not completely about perceived economic downsides (to the contrary, businesses WANT increased immigration to fulfil their needs) but a lot about "old stock Canadians" just not liking the gene pool being muddied by "them folk".

I'm not disagreeing with you that immigration levels should be adjusted and many loopholes and allowances closed, but again, just stating facts. If you discount the "we don't like those brown people who dress funny" crowd from those stats, well, those percentages are significantly lower than what the overall picture may lead you to believe.

Oh, so now we're only going to allow certain people to answer polls? If you don't like their opinion they don't count? Is that your idea of democracy? Perhaps white people shouldn't be allowed to vote? What information do you have that only white people want curbs on immigration? Did you read that in the Toronto Red Star too? I don't think it has anything to do with race. I see the price of apartments and housing in Canadian cities and the way they use immigrants to undercut the wages of Canadians and I think it's a disgrace. Not to mention the ethnic gangs we have shooting up our cities.

BTW, it's very difficult to get a poll done with a positive result for gun owners when the media consistently trumpets a stack of lies from the Liberal Party and refuses to publish studies done by researchers proving that gun control doesn't stop criminals. I remind you that Mr. Trudeau and the Liberal Party have a long history of paying the Canadian media to get what they want. The current government is paying tremendous subsidies and has increased the budget of the CBC by half a Billion $. The public can't make a decision if they're being lied to.

Last edited:
Umm.. Ok. I think you just took everything I said and misconstrued it. Have a cold one, chill a little, and re-read what I posted. I never suggested whatesoever that anyone not be allowed to answer polls (doesn't change the realities I detailed about the end results), I never said "only white people" want to curb immigration, either.

There's so much wrong with what you just said I don't even know where to start. I guess start with "assault weapons", define it please. What criteria does an "assault weapon" fall under? I can't address the next blabber until that's established. However, I can say that the reason the "other things kill" argument is valid, is because the weapon isn't the problem, the person holding it, and their intent, is the problem. Removing the weapon does not remove the intent, and intent always finds a way. Next, 80% Democracy? first, no. Don't try to make an argument with made up numbers out of your ass and try to be taken seriously. Democracy? Do you even know what has happened? This didn't go to the house of commons. It didn't face scrutiny or debate. There was absolutely nothing democratic about this bill. I don't recall the vote you're talking about, where 4 out of 5 people had no idea wtf was being asked of them. I still need to know a firm definition of the made up term "assault weapons" though.

I define assault weapons as the ones they just banned....is that clear enough?

The other things kill is not valid as cars are not designed to kill. ..... and it is harder to get a car than a gun:

According to this website it is "fun and easy":

As for your laughable argument about intent....what happens to ability of people to kill with guns when you remove them? Ask the Australians:

You can kill with a golf club.....but go into a mall and start trying to kill people with a golf club and see how far you get. You are still allowed to own guns that are capable of killing many people.

4 out of 5:
Did I make that up out of my ass?....or did you just get it completely wrong.

I don't think you understand what democractic means. Fair? nope never said that. Informed? nope never said that either. Delude yourself some more. I didn't even say i agree with the 80%(but i do). A large proportion of the world believes Jesus....and they get to vote. Democracy is when an idea is popular enough to get 50% plus 1. In this case the numbers are higher. That is democracy. If you don't like it you can call your MP....or you can whine on a forum. That is what i choose to do!

In the future...feel free to research! The internet is a wonderful place!

I

How is that fair, just, or reasonable?

Where did you get fair or just from? Nobody said it is. We would all hate it if motorcycles were banned. If 80% of the population screams louder than the 20% they will get their way. Either change their mind or lose. If Trudeau gets support for this....he'll win....if people don't he'll lose. How it is framed will determine the winner.

I don't need to shoot squirrels in my backyard, I need to shoot invaders in my home. Don't lecture me about law on that one either, I know the deal. I'll save my damn self, and deal with the aftermath. But in a home invasion, I'd rather be in jail than in the morgue.

You obviously know a lot about guns....and you think an AR is the best home defense gun?

Where did you get fair or just from? Nobody said it is. We would all hate it if motorcycles were banned. If 80% of the population screams louder than the 20% they will get their way. Either change their mind or lose. If Trudeau gets support for this....he'll win....if people don't he'll lose. How it is framed will determine the winner.

I called out the fact that to pass law by OIC without putting the issue to a fair and reasonable debate and vote is not fair or just.

Because since this ban was around guns, people take a "whatever, it doesn't affect me" position.

This is a democracy not a dictatorship.

I never said "only white people" want to curb immigration, either.

Yes you did. You just worded it ambiguously

it becomes evident it's not completely about perceived economic downsides (to the contrary, businesses WANT increased immigration to fulfil their needs) but a lot about "old stock Canadians" just not liking the gene pool being muddied by "them folk".

Last edited:
4 out of 5:
Did I make that up out of my ass?

No, but you appear to be listening with it, preferring to parrot biased, paid for polling results while ignoring people's opinions

The "poll" you're talking about was done by the formerly Toronto Star owned Angus Reid Institute. They're basically a Liberal support organization that always polls to plug Party policy. Just like Nick Nanos. How fast do you have to be to do a poll while the police are still looking for bodies after a mass shooting? This was political agenda pushing at its worst and most tasteless.

Central storage for handguns is a great idea.,,...if you’re a criminal and want to steal them from people travelling to and from the bang-stick bank. Central storage at a range? Great..but I belong to more than one, now I'm driving further with them in my vehicle than I ever was before. Before I needed to take the most direct route between the range and my home as per the conditions of my ATT.

Not sure how leaving it up to municipalities will work. We have a range in the city limits. Quite a few lawyers, doctors, dentists etc are members and also influential members of the community and many of them have handguns too, they aren’t going to be too happy if the town says ban time. My range has two surgeons that I shoot with regularly and they both have ARs and handguns. I have met a few of what most might call stereotypical gun nuts but they have been the absolute minority.

The last major multiple death crime in my town was a crackhead that stabbed a passer by and then stabbed himself over a year ago.

If they are serious about handguns not falling into the wrong hands then spot check RPAL holders for storage conditions/number and type. I’d not really relish that but it would at least be more of a sensible approach.

A paid for poll of 1,600 people hand picked by the pollsters is 0.00036% of the population, not 80%. Go do a poll north of Parry Sound, or Battleford, SK and see what results you get.

A paid for poll of 1,600 people hand picked by the pollsters is 0.00036% of the population, not 80%. Go do a poll north of Parry Sound, or Battleford, SK and see what results you get.
If we have to go through explaining how the percentage of people polled is not important in sampling....we don't have time. Go take a course on statistics and then come back. Only thing that matter is the sample size and if the sample is random. Of course the question does matter....but the percentage of the population polled does not. Please go look it up. All polls are paid you (insert term for twit here).

If you go to Battleford you don't have a random poll.....the WHOLE point is to poll all Canadians. DO you really think that the number is really that far from 80? If you actually called every single person in all of Canada? Polls are wrong by a couple of percent. Get over it and make your own poll that says.....Should I be able to defend myself with lethal force in my own home....then you'll get your 80! But if you ask Canadians if they support a ban on Assault weapons they overwhelmingly say yes!!!! That may change but right now that is the way it is. You can wail to the heavens on the internet but it doesn't make the numbers biased because you said so.

If we have to go through explaining how the percentage of people polled is not important in sampling....we don't have time. Go take a course on statistics and then come back. Only thing that matter is the sample size and if the sample is random. Of course the question does matter....but the percentage of the population polled does not. Please go look it up. All polls are paid you (insert term for twit here).

If you go to Battleford you don't have a random poll.....the WHOLE point is to poll all Canadians. DO you really think that the number is really that far from 80? If you actually called every single person in all of Canada? Polls are wrong by a couple of percent. Get over it and make your own poll that says.....Should I be able to defend myself with lethal force in my own home....then you'll get your 80! But if you ask Canadians if they support a ban on Assault weapons they overwhelmingly say yes!!!! That may change but right now that is the way it is. You can wail to the heavens on the internet but it doesn't make the numbers biased because you said so.

I like how you skirted the real issue. Random. It was a paid for poll. If it hadn't fit the narrative of those who foot the bill, it would never have seen the light of day, and you never would have read about it. So, not random, by any stretch of the word.

This will be fun :cautious:

I define assault weapons as the ones they just banned....is that clear enough?

The other things kill is not valid as cars are not designed to kill. ..... and it is harder to get a car than a gun:

Blades

As for your laughable argument about intent....what happens to ability of people to kill with guns when you remove them? Ask the Australians:

Blades

You can kill with a golf club.....but go into a mall and start trying to kill people with a golf club and see how far you get. You are still allowed to own guns that are capable of killing many people.

Whats that sharp steel thing that cuts and stabs.... it's right on the tip of... Oh yeah, Blades!

4 out of 5:
Did I make that up out of my ass?....or did you just get it completely wrong.

I don't think you understand what democractic means. Fair? nope never said that. Informed? nope never said that either. Delude yourself some more. I didn't even say i agree with the 80%(but i do). A large proportion of the world believes Jesus....and they get to vote. Democracy is when an idea is popular enough to get 50% plus 1. In this case the numbers are higher. That is democracy. If you don't like it you can call your MP....or you can whine on a forum. That is what i choose to do!

In the future...feel free to research! The internet is a wonderful place!
If you think a targeted survey is what constitutes democracy, I'm not the confused person here.

Does the "assault style" ban include paintball and airsoft?

Does the "assault style" ban include paintball and airsoft?

No mention of this assault weapon. Black. Scary looking. High power (triple band). Rapid fire (magnetic) magazine. Ticks all the boxes for sure. And they sell it on Amazon. Won't someone please think of the children.

61Sjv2KYIuL._AC_SX425_.jpg

You know what a person with zero gun training looks like:

tH0iVEEVfHMOnE5UV-t2DfqZbMz53fuNzBhj4xtMujo.gif
<- There's one.

You know what a person with zero gun training looks like:

tH0iVEEVfHMOnE5UV-t2DfqZbMz53fuNzBhj4xtMujo.gif
<- There's one.

Cant see it inline but copy and paste works. They are both complete idiots. Not sure why the guy loading the gun didnt know any better as his whole job is handing drunk idiots loaded guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom