Just picked up a 2006 Honda XR650R!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just picked up a 2006 Honda XR650R!!

QuantumBlue919Guy

Just picked up a 2006 Honda XR650R!! Basically new, completely stock

So freaking stoked to get back in the dirt with some nice hardware... Anyone here have one? Mods? Whats the best aftermarket exhaust?

See ya in the Ganny this summer!

Thanks, yes I will be getting something with a spark arrestor... I thought they were mandatory for years at the Ganny? I have never seen anyone checked however

Thanks, yes I will be getting something with a spark arrestor... I thought they were mandatory for years at the Ganny? I have never seen anyone checked however

Getting back into dirt on an XR650R?! That thing is a weapon and will launch you sub-orbital! :D

Congratulations, and go easy in first, second, third... hahaha. Have a blast!

Nope. New this year and from what I hear they will be checking.

One question though. Why the 650R? It's quite a big bike to be muscling around in the Ganny.

Thanks Ronnie! And yes, the 650 is big... But so am I ;) I have had a whole bunch of XR's from my XR80-XR200R to XR500 and XR600L at the Ganny etc so I know exactly what Im getting into... I would have bought a CRF450X had I been able to find one in my price range in the same shape. Bring on the roost!

Thanks Ronnie! And yes, the 650 is big... But so am I ;) I have had a whole bunch of XR's from my XR80-XR200R to XR500 and XR600L at the Ganny etc so I know exactly what Im getting into... I would have bought a CRF450X had I been able to find one in my price range in the same shape. Bring on the roost!

Congrats! Pics please.

edit : nvmnd. just googled it. that thing is massive!

I was a test pilot for my friends XR650R, and it was terribly light compared to my KLR, and as I'd been riding all day on his Husaberg 450 as well, it was taller, heavier, and with stupid amount of roll on torque that had me getting my weight forward between first and second. The treeline was way too close to bother with third, but I'll tell you this, it felt like a tall 400 in terms of weight and handling.

It's too much dirt bike for me, but exciting and a challenge!

It had to be that small to be accepted by the GTAM pic poster!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom