Just finished my first season! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just finished my first season!

steve1479

Hey GTAM,

My name's Steve, I live in Oshawa and I just finished my first season out on a motorcycle.

I started on a 2012 Honda Shadow 750 and just recently traded it in for a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R for the next season.

Hope to ride out with some of you people here one day and attend some meets / shows!

See you all around

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Grats on your first season! Have you tried out the 6R yet? If so, how to you like it compared to the Shadow?

Welcome, and there's lots of "season" left!!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

With regards to trying out the 6R, I rode it around my neighbourhood and took it over to an old truck yard / warehouse across the way from my place.

I love it, it's a completely different feel compared to the Shadow. Personally I feel like I enjoy the Ninja more at this point. Being able to lean without hitting my foot pegs, the sheer power of the bike, and the fact that I feel more balanced and in control of the Ninja make me prefer it to the Shadow.

I realize that there's lots of season left, however, my reasoning behind it is this.

I was with Desjardins for my Shadow and found out that they wouldn't insure my Ninja due to it being a super sport. SO, instead of starting a policy with Statefarm now and getting a month out of the Ninja before I have to store it, I figured I'd wait until May to start my policy, that way I wouldn't have to "waste" money on insurance by letting my bike sit pretty.

Trust me though, every day I look at it, I'm more tempted to just take it out and ride it.

Back
Top Bottom