Jordan Szoke’s selling some bikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jordan Szoke’s selling some bikes

15SR?

 ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪ ‪‪ ‪‪‪ ‪ ‪ ‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪turn turn‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪turn ‪‪ ‪‪‪‪‪‪ turn ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ turn turn

The only exciting part about that road is rev-bombing Kenzie if he's outside.

If the US was interested they would be gone, border is open for freight shipments
Fair, but there's a big difference between bringing a trailer and having a look before dragging it home vs buying a $20k track bike sight unseen and paying someone to ship it. When I was looking for a track bike in the fall, I didn't seriously consider US bikes for the same reason, despite there being some tempting bargains as near as upstate NY. Nobody in the US would be buying for provenance or as a museum piece, so they're going to care if it runs...

Fair, but there's a big difference between bringing a trailer and having a look before dragging it home vs buying a $20k track bike sight unseen and paying someone to ship it. When I was looking for a track bike in the fall, I didn't seriously consider US bikes for the same reason, despite there being some tempting bargains as near as upstate NY. Nobody in the US would be buying for provenance or as a museum piece, so they're going to care if it runs...
I get it and I wouldnt buy a track bike off an unknown entity but Jordan has been around for a long time. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one of his bikes sight unseen if he said I had nothing to worry about.

I get it and I wouldnt buy a track bike off an unknown entity but Jordan has been around for a long time. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one of his bikes sight unseen if he said I had nothing to worry about.
Naturally, nor would I. But if you're from the US and have never heard of the guy, it's a different story...

15SR?

 ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪ ‪‪ ‪‪‪ ‪ ‪ ‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪turn turn‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪turn ‪‪ ‪‪‪‪‪‪ turn ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪  ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ ‪‪ turn turn

Where is 15sr??

15SR?

Do you mean Jim Kenzie?

We are? I thought that was only Quebec.

Because this is a thread about track bikes. So if you make a comment about "Iv'e chased lots of sportbikes through 15sr on my KLR", some of us are gonna wonder "......on a track? ********."

Normally you don't see these kind of bikes on the street. Though I did see one at LnL before. Never saw him again after; hopefully RIP via tickets and not RIP via no headlights on DVP.
I'm wondering how some of the track guys would do at isle of man. I guess they would have to up the game

Are you saying talents are pretty much matched?

In closed course racing you learn to trust the track. You more or less KNOW that if you wipe out in a corner you'll slide through the gravel and come out of it relatively OK.
That could get you killed in road racing.
Sorta like: street riding slows me down on the track. When you ride on the street you have to take into account that there may be a dump truck in the wrong lane over that next corner.
There are no dump trucks on the track. It takes me a while to get used to that fact.

Everyone has heard of the IOM.
There is a LOT more Irish Road Racing other than the IOM. IOM is one race of a series. Check out The Skeeries. They call it "road" racing... we would call it bicycle path racing.
At The Skeeries the green flag drops, and 30 bikes dive into corner one, which is about 8 ft wide, off camber and usually wet... and nobody dies ... usually.

Are you saying talents are pretty much matched?
I would say the talents are somewhat EQUAL, but different.
Read Joey Dunlop's IOM track notes. At one corner he says you know you have the corner correct if your left elbow rubs the hedge at the side of the road... at about 150-160MPH.
When you look at the corner, the hedge is about 12-18" from the road AND THERE IS A CURB THERE.
So according to Joey to get that corner right, you're doing 150MPH with your wheels about 1" from the curb... and certain death.
THAT talent is DIFFERENT.
In closed course racing the game is to see how fast you and your bike can go.
In road racing the game is to see how fast you can convince yourself to go.
Whole different mindset.

These days most of the top level MotoGp riders would never go near IOM, not that they couldn't do well , its just a very different event. Its probably in their contract to not be available.
Northern 200 in Ireland is something you'd need to see to believe. Road racing on actual roads , I'm not sure how they get away with it.

Do you mean Jim Kenzie?
I've met him - he's just as big a self-important a**hole as you'd expect from reading his stuff or watching him on TV.
And he's virulently, irrationally anti-motorcycle.

Most top level MotoGP riders CAN'T ride the IOM because their team insurance policies won't let them.
The IOM WAS part of the GP circuit till the mid '80s, but got dropped in the big safety reforms spearheaded by Sheen and Roberts.

Road Racing, contributes quite a fair chunk of change to the Irish economy.
IOM and Manx GP are responsible for about 10% of the isle's economy (The Isle of Man is NOT part of Ireland)
So they "get away with it" because they have government backing.
They tried to to a TT in Atlantic Canada. Had everyone on board, both provincial and federal government, but couldn't get liability insurance for the track.
The Irish and IOM governments underwrite the insurance liabilities for their races.

looked at some of the prices on other things he has listed, over charging on most of it
why dont you try and build one of those and let us know how much you saved....

Reactions: TK4
My wife wanted us to go to IOM for my 60th. I said no. I didn't want to remember the birthday when i watched a guy do the "Song of the Sausage Creature".

Back
Top Bottom