Joe Rocket Helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Rocket Helmet

I bought a RKT-1000 helmet back in JAN, last night while out I felt the visor felt a little weird raising it up...when I went to put it down when I started moving faster the visor snapped off from one side.

Turns out that a screw came loose, causing it to jam between the visor+helmet, scratching the visor and breaking the plastic pins that hold it in.

Would JR be responsible for this as a warranty item? Or because I didn't check the screws on my helmet they will claim it was abuse or some crud like this. To be honest I never thought to check these screws, I just assumed they were tight enough...

if its one of the plastic screws that hold the 'pivot mechanism' for the visor to your helmet ? then I would say that is a maintenace item that you did not check your gear before you rode...

Yep the screw that holds the pivot mech. I wonder if I ask them for torque specifications if they will have a #..lol
Sort of a thing I overlooked to check, truthfully I never thought to check those screws. I don't think I'll forget again, the taste of bugs will remind me...

well I check mine on my Shoei periodically... the screws use a quarter or a loonie to turn them ... I have found usually once a year they can get kind of loose ...

Why not just call them anyway and see what they say? It can't hurt.

yeah just call them and see what happens...

Back
Top Bottom