It's coming | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's coming

I really wonder how true this is, cause well, Facebook is known for spreading correct information...

There is no stay at home order in Ontario yet. We are free to move around as we please, on whatever mode of transport we chose. The guidance is for everyone to social distance and a ban on groups over 5 and non-essential business operation, that's about the extent of it.

Well I'd argue some cops have ego/power trip issues and interpret the law in their own way; I'd like to believe the intention is still to 'save someone'. This results in both bad and good outcomes. For example, I know an ex crystal meth addict that was approached by a cop. The cop did not arrest him, just sat down and talked to him sympathetically while the guy used.

And I'm sure anyone reading this can imagine another scenario where a cop tries to "save someone" via authoritative measures.

I saw this on Facebook:

"Please stay home, if you die, your spouse will sell your bike for the price you said you paid for it".

I really wonder how true this is, cause well, Facebook is known for spreading correct information...

There is no stay at home order in Ontario yet. We are free to move around as we please, on whatever mode of transport we chose. The guidance is for everyone to social distance and a ban on groups over 5 and non-essential business operation, that's about the extent of it.
The guide is to stay home. They haven't ordered it because people should be able to figure that out on their own.

i understand the whole "stay home" bit, but in the same PSA's that keep saying to stay home, they also say to practice social distancing and/or stay 6 ft. apart. Is it stay home or social distance? I assume this is more to do with people that have to go out for whatever reason, such as work and/or to gather food, for example.

They really just need to come out and say there is a country wide lockdown.

If people
i understand the whole "stay home" bit, but in the same PSA's that keep saying to stay home, they also say to practice social distancing and/or stay 6 ft. apart. Is it stay home or social distance? I assume this is more to do with people that have to go out for whatever reason, such as work and/or to gather food, for example.

They really just need to come out and say there is a country wide lockdown.
It's both stay home, and "if" you "need" to go out practice social distancing. Not hard to figure out.

I hope it doesn't come to a lockdown. It would be tough, but understand if need be, (rider in me says Hell NO!)

What's the difference between "need" and "want"?

What's the difference between "need" and "want"?
Mainly attitude.

All of these people saying grocery stores are a need are sorely mistaken in the short term. Assuming you have absolutely zero food in your house the day a full lockdown starts, I doubt there would be a single death in the country in two weeks due to lack of food (diabetics are probably.the worst off but they shouldnt start off with zero food). Unhappy people, yes. Need, hell no.

So can the police fine you for riding a motorcycle?
Stay at Home - doesn't it mean social distancing?
Anybody here pulled over for just riding? please post.

don't ride because we need hospital beds? Don't smoke, don't' drink, don't run, don't ride your bicycle, don't jump on your trampoline, don't be fat
where and when does it stop?
How about don't write someone a ticket because of the driving/rider is going to lose his job

Last edited:
Nothing but nice weather on the way (y) going to get plenty of time on the exercise machine.

So can the police fine you for riding a motorcycle?
Stay at Home - doesn't it mean social distancing?
Anybody here pulled over for just riding? please post.

don't ride because we need hospital beds? Don't smoke, don't' drink, don't run, don't ride your bicycle, don't jump on your trampoline, don't be fat
where and when does it stop?
How about don't write someone a ticket because of the driving/rider is going to lose his job
Have you heard there is a serious pandemic? Follow the basic guidelines and stop panicking.

Except for people that have been tested positive. Pretty sure there are fines for that now.

One of my co-workers were saying that they may need to get a letter stating that they have to commute to work or something of that sort incase they get pulled over, possibility of a 750-1500 fine???

Called YRP but they didn't know anything of this sort, said it's okay if you're by yourself at-least. Sent an email for non-essential travel, will see what they have to say.

One of my co-workers were saying that they may need to get a letter stating that they have to commute to work or something of that sort incase they get pulled over, possibility of a 750-1500 fine???

Called YRP but they didn't know anything of this sort, said it's okay if you're by yourself at-least. Sent an email for non-essential travel, will see what they have to say.
Afaik, nothing like that in ontario yet.

I was watching the contents of flatbeds on the trip to the office today (first time there in weeks). Bumper cover mold, cedar siding, etc. Nothing at all "essential" for human life in the short term.

If we go into lockdown you will.

Received my letter last week.

If we go into lockdown you will.

Received my letter last week.
I feel bad for the cops. They will have an almost impossible job. The province will likely be reducing the list of essential services as this goes on. They pull someone over that has a letter but there are still a ton of valid questions. Is that letter fake? Is that letter expired (eg. you were canned)? Is that company no longer essential? Are you actually going to work (many jobs require work at remote sites, similar to MM's joke route earlier, you can just make up a location you are headed to)? And they are worried that you may infect them. Crap job.

They most likely won’t be pulling people over checking for a letter. They will more likely be speeding or breaking another law.
If at that date, we are on full lockdown...then a letter check could be incorporated into the stop and an additional charge laid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom