It's coming | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's coming

Just got back from a afternoon ride. Saw a lot of closed parks and parking lots. But this hasn't stopped people they just parked on the road or side roads. ?‍♂️ But I didn't notice any large groups of people hanging about.

Cops are really busy pulling over speeders in Waterloo. The road behind my house (Northfield Dr) is a 4 Lane 50 zone. With decrease in traffic, people are usually at about 80. I've seen 3 tows in the last 2 weeks.
If they get the go ahead to check your destination, the fines will be huge.

What little traffic there is...is insane. People are taking full advantage of the empty roads to drive like complete tools. I had to go in and out of Toronto a few days ago for something and I swear every 4'th car (not surprisingly, a BMW, Mercedes, or some other sportscar...but a good variety of pickup trucks as well) were weaving and doing 150+.

Should be like shooting fish in a barrel for the police....if they were actually out there. Seems to me there should be PLENTY of time for traffic enforcement right now.

Went by three cops heading to Hamilton. Two on the way back Just speeders pulled over. Saw a few bikes. Still enough people on the roads to blend in. just couldn't pass on this ugly duckling.

guJtVOH.gif

watched two dump trucks get pulled over this aft on Brittania rd outside Milton. It was a drag race because i sat and listened to two empty trucks lined up and going through 8 speeds till they were 100kms in a 50 and the dodge trucks with light came out behind the tree.
How'd you like to tell your Boss , I lost a dump truck, oh yeah and so did Frank....
thats some stupid right there

watched two dump trucks get pulled over this aft on Brittania rd outside Milton. It was a drag race because i sat and listened to two empty trucks lined up and going through 8 speeds till they were 100kms in a 50 and the dodge trucks with light came out behind the tree.
How'd you like to tell your Boss , I lost a dump truck, oh yeah and so did Frank....

Halton has a black RAM pickup. Looks like any other plain pick up on the road with tinted windows.
I have seen it many times on Trafalgar or 9th line with all cherries glowing. Its surprising some of the places they are able to fit those flashing lights in.

Be careful.

Went out for a half hour ride yesterday.

Lots of joggers, runners, cyclists, and people walking.
Access areas to bicycle trails and paths were full of parked cars.
I'm not sure what these people would do if someone crashed way out in the bush.
It didn't seem like most people take the "distancing" thing seriously.

Traffic on the highway was light.
Most people were speeding way over the limit, with a very few still going slightly under.
The speed differential was way up as there was no traffic to slow the fast people down.
This is going to become an issue at some point.
I was attempting to go from the diamond lane to my exit lane (lane 1 to lane 4), and was passed on the right by someone doing well over 200 kph.
Keep your eyes wide open if you're driving around town.

I met my first “denier” today who wondered why I didn’t want to be in the building with him unnecessarily.

“It’s not real”. “It’s just the flu”. “Don’t be silly”.

The stupid is real.

I suspect a lot of the people who are just openly ignoring the guidelines now in Toronto are amongst their ranks.

Halton has a black RAM pickup. Looks like any other plain pick up on the road with tinted windows.
I have seen it many times on Trafalgar or 9th line with all cherries glowing. Its surprising some of the places they are able to fit those flashing lights in.

Be careful.

The Steel wheels are the tell

Peel Regional Police
6 hrs ·
Despite rumors circulating on social media, PRP are not issuing tickets under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act if there are 2+ people in a car. We recommend limiting the number of people in any vehicle to family or to those who reside with you, to limit the spread of COVID-19. Please remember to listen to public health officials which recommend limiting ourselves to essential travel only. #KeepYourDistance #PRP Region of Peel

Currently stranded in locked-down India, except for an early morning 'expedition' for essentials, I am making sure to stay off the roads because of this

"Envoyé de mon Android Phone en utilisant Tapatalk"

Currently stranded in locked-down India, except for an early morning 'expedition' for essentials, I am making sure to stay off the roads because of this

"Envoyé de mon Android Phone en utilisant Tapatalk"
What a bizarre culture :|

By the time your close enough to pickup on the black steelies, your already being pulled over.
That Ram truck has been a small goldmine for Halton regional

A few years ago, Oakville had a plain maroon coloured Crown Vic with a taxi light on the roof. The only thing is that instead of taxi, it said Police in smaller letters.

People got really upset and voiced their disapproval. They ended up taking it out of service.

GOOD. hate to stereotype, but ive got a ton of dump truck drivers near where I live due to construction and a dump yard nearby. None of them know how to drive for ****. Aggressive and disregard for courtesy or laws.

With the challenge of limiting deaths from COVID 19 it seems that almost all of the effort is directed to the virus. Test, treat, trace and hopefully cure. The mental aspect has not been given a lot of thought other than a few references to spousal abuse.

The western world has gotten used to a luxury lifestyle. Homes, cars, toys, foods, entertainment and up til now, health. We have produced a lot of good things and much of that is because were rewarded for doing so. The rewards being the homes and toys. Communist Russia didn't fare as well because there wasn't the same incentive (and other things).

To some degree we have gotten so used to the rewards that we look at them as rights. We expect to have more tomorrow, we deserve it and each of us feels we're special. We get it from our mothers and from advertising, (You're important so you should buy one of our expensive labeled shirts to let people know.)

Humans largely are social animals, suddenly C-19 has changed the rules and it's cold turkey. Personality disorders are to be expected. At the moment social distancing is the only tool in the kit. What's the point of having a $1,000 top if you can't show it to anyone? You might as well wear the sweater Aunt Martha knitted for you at Christmas.

We need exercise. We are animals not plants. To survive this crisis and beyond we need to start thinking of how we can meet our own personal individual physical and social needs by ourselves without endangering others. Our nanny state can not meet the needs of individuals. Making it worse, the nanny state has discouraged individual thought.

If you aren't happy with what you are you'll never be happy with what you have. Learn what makes you tick and adjust your activities to suit.

The most exciting activity to me is thinking. That's why riding is exciting. Thinking about how and when to lean, brake, throttle up or down, shift, judge the road surface. Apply that to the rules of today and make things your personal best

Don't be a pillion in life, especially now. Don't just hold on and copy-lean with the one in front, going where they're going. If you've got to travel two up make it a racing sidecar and be the monkey hopping all over and sticking your chin out in the wind.

Do it right. No one likes a cheater and there's no trophy for dying.

Back
Top Bottom