Italian middleweight adventure bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Italian middleweight adventure bike

bigpoppa

If I were to, say, hypothetically speaking, wanted to buy an italian middleweight adventure bike and was trying to choose between a multi 950 and a v85tt...which would you recommend, and why?

Hypothetically, when did 950cc adventure bikes become middleweights?

Hypothetically, when did 950cc adventure bikes become middleweights?
when heavyweights became 1200/1300

suppose I could wait for the taureg, aprilias been teasing on instagram all week, not sure how i'll like a 21 inch front wheel, with modest offroad aspirations at best

MG for 80% road trip 20% off road. Trips to the Cabot Trail and beyond. Looking like I’m travelling to parts unknown but rarely wanting to take it off road because I don’t think I want to get it dirty or enjoy it beyond asphalt. Yes, others will call me a poser and tell me it’s capable but I just want to lump along in its glorious colour scheme and take in the view from the road. I will go off road and it may win me over but, I just look at it and want to head east, west or south in search of twisties.

The Multi for 50/50 while making sure it always looks good, playing with its tech, buying more farkles. Chatting with other owners and having coffee in the morning and talking directly to it about what adventure we are about to take on and can’t wait to swing a leg over.

Just going to throw in a 3rd option.

Tenere for 50/50 and not giving a crap about how it looks after I abuse it and ride it until the wheels fall off. It will make me laugh and smile but, I will still look at it in the same way as my lawn mower or garden tools. They do a great job but, they are nothing special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t the multi v4 have a larger front wheel? Can’t recall if it’s a 21 but I do recall the reviews saying it didn’t matter much for twisties.

Italian adventure bike to go actual adventuring? Brave soul!

I’d probably opt for the Duc just for some semblance of dealer/part support, if again, actual adventuring was the planned usage.

Doesn’t the multi v4 have a larger front wheel? Can’t recall if it’s a 21 but I do recall the reviews saying it didn’t matter much for twisties.

Italian adventure bike to go actual adventuring? Brave soul!

I’d probably opt for the Duc just for some semblance of dealer/part support, if again, actual adventuring was the planned usage.
Im looking at the v2 950(or 939?) with the 19" front wheel

wont be doing anything too crazy

Im looking at the v2 950(or 939?) with the 19" front wheel

wont be doing anything too crazy
If it was mostly close to home base adventures then I guess it shouldn’t matter.

I was really set on trying the Indian chieftain but when I look up dealer support in google (for the freakin GTA) I get scared. HD bike testing today.

That may be enough to swing my decision and I’ll just replace the rear suspension if necessary.

If it was mostly close to home base adventures then I guess it shouldn’t matter.

I was really set on trying the Indian chieftain but when I look up dealer support in google (for the freakin GTA) I get scared. HD bike testing today.

That may be enough to swing my decision and I’ll just replace the rear suspension if necessary.

For the large number of bikes I see on the road, it seems like a great dealer opportunity. Very surprised at the lack of dealer locations for Indian.

I’m mulling around a few options. Pan Am or a touring machine from HD or Chieftain in Blue. The lump is a work of art and they perform pretty good for a couch on two wheels. But dealer network is a concern with Indian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because it looks different and awesome. Also, reviews really make it sound like a great back to basics bike in the face of all of this electronic crap that can be brilliant when it works but disastrously expensive to repair when it doesn't.
Which is why i am going with Yamaha. Limp home mode is a must.
My old 1800 6cyl Wing needed a tow truck with one bad fuel injector. Stupid!

Because it looks different and awesome. Also, reviews really make it sound like a great back to basics bike in the face of all of this electronic crap that can be brilliant when it works but disastrously expensive to repair when it doesn't.
Actually I just noticed @J_F comments in the Moto Guzzi thread, and it reminds me of some of the stuff that Harley has been doing with their bikes (all along). Interesting... 🤷‍♂️

Actually I just noticed @J_F comments in the Moto Guzzi thread, and it reminds me of some of the stuff that Harley has been doing with their bikes (all along). Interesting... 🤷‍♂️
Except 79hp from 850cc instead of 49hp from 883cc. HD (until recently) has been far too lazy. You can improve without changing the fundamentals. HD dug in their heels and played the game of any attempt to improve goes against heritage and if it was good enough for your grandpappy, it's good enough for you.

Back
Top Bottom