Is this a good deal? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this a good deal?

hey guys, saw this ad for a 2017 SV650.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought. The guy told me the bikes not been dropped and no sratches, works like a charm as well.

Another strange first post.

As for the bike, distinct meh at best. You can get a new 2019 with ABS for 6999 or a demo with 160 km in QC for 5999. Unfortunately for the original buyer, used bikes do not hold their price well.

what happened to the grips and the mirrors?

Another strange first post.

As for the bike, distinct meh at best. You can get a new 2019 with ABS for 6999 or a demo with 160 km in QC for 5999. Unfortunately for the original buyer, used bikes do not hold their price well.

Thanks for the advice. I am in Toronto unfortunately so going to Quebec and getting a bike there is kind of out there for me. Strange post? How so?

"Strange" in that one of the recent tactics that spammers have been using, has been to make an innocent-looking first post, and once that has successfully passed whatever scrutiny us moderators apply to people's first posts, they go back and edit the post to include their spammy links.

So far, your first post has passed that scrutiny, but if you go back into it and edit spam links back into it, we still reserve the right to slam down the ban-hammer :)

"Strange" in that one of the recent tactics that spammers have been using, has been to make an innocent-looking first post, and once that has successfully passed whatever scrutiny us moderators apply to people's first posts, they go back and edit the post to include their spammy links.

So far, your first post has passed that scrutiny, but if you go back into it and edit spam links back into it, we still reserve the right to slam down the ban-hammer :)
Ah... I'm what you call long time watcher and first time talker. Been cruising the site for years but just recently made an account. Getting my first bike so just wanted advice. I have ridden since I was 12 but only on borrowed bikes. So just wanted opinions

It's winter, you may be able to negotiate him down to sub-5k? It isn't a bad price, but it isn't a good price in my opinion. Depending on how motivated of a seller he is I guess. The newer SV style is nice, cleaner looking than the 2004-2016 model.
I also hate haggling so I end up just finding something that has a nice posted sticker price and buy it outright.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

No mention of the vehicle being offered as certified (you can not plate it without certification). If it is being sold "as is" and as a brand new rider/owner, I would be very wary of that.
Take anything the seller tells you at this point with a grain of salt. Obtain the VIN and contact your insurance provider for a quote, then you will have fewer surprises.
Best luck with your motorcycle shopping (y)

Automatic transmission! It is the new Suzukimatic :0

+ All black motorcycle with DOT side reflectors missing or removed = bad idea.

+ All black motorcycle with DOT side reflectors missing or removed = bad idea.
I do plan to make it more visible. I did negotiate with to 5k with him delivering to my place (he's like an hour away from me). Got the VIN and will be checking with insurance. It's really hard to find a decent 2017 sv650 near toronto. Been checking for months.

I do plan to make it more visible. I did negotiate with to 5k with him delivering to my place (he's like an hour away from me). Got the VIN and will be checking with insurance. It's really hard to find a decent 2017 sv650 near toronto. Been checking for months.
What's the status on the certification? If you are buying a motorcycle without that you should be paying wholesale price.

If you're serious about the purchase and he's willing to entertain delivery too, bring a knowledgeable GTAMian to do good once over, buy em a case a beer or something. I think Low Rider or PP or some others are usually willing if able.
A 2017 SV I can't imagine has anything wrong with it that wouldn't pass a safety, except maybe tires? Probably change the oil? I'm sure the brakes are AOK after 7k and 3 years... Definitely go see it tho if you're serious.

Nobody can even guess at the cost to certify a motorcycle until it is certified. What happens if the mechanic does find something serious?
imho he might as well hire his certified motorcycle mechanic to be there at the time of purchase.
:| Last time I bought a used street bike without certification was never.

What's the status on the certification? If you are buying a motorcycle without that you should be paying wholesale price.
If you're serious about the purchase and he's willing to entertain delivery too, bring a knowledgeable GTAMian to do good once over, buy em a case a beer or something. I think Low Rider or PP or some others are usually willing if able.
A 2017 SV I can't imagine has anything wrong with it that wouldn't pass a safety, except maybe tires? Probably change the oil? I'm sure the brakes are AOK after 7k and 3 years... Definitely go see it tho if you're serious.

Nobody can even guess at the cost to certify a motorcycle until it is certified. What happens if the mechanic does find something serious?
imho he might as well hire his certified motorcycle mechanic to be there at the time of purchase.
:| Last time I bought a used street bike without certification was never.

I will be going to see the bike first ofcourse. He did offer to do the safety certificate from the local dealership and he will be providing me with a UVIP once I go see the bike. I do have my M2 so I can test ride it to make sure nothing feels odd.

I have enough bike riding experience to tell if the machine works well and has been maintained. I will be taking my own mechanic as well to make sure its all working.

Also thanks for all the replies. Wasnt expecting this much of a response.

Safety means less and less everyday....The bike I just bought came certified but the right fork is wet and the right break caliper/hose is leaking...

Good thing I towed it home.

Safety means less and less everyday....The bike I just bought came certified but the right fork is wet and the right break caliper/hose is leaking...

Good thing I towed it home.
Sounds like somebody did not do their due diligence and that is very risky business on the part of the mechanic signing the papers.
I trust you advised the mechanic of the oversight.

what happened to the grips and the mirrors?

OFHdVvb.png

Back
Top Bottom